PDA

View Full Version : confused with my new registration certificate

lilliuspillius
10-09-2010, 10:27 AM
please can someone help me with my registration wording in basic terminology. i find the wording so complicated. Im sure they could make it easier!!

May care for no more than 4 children under 8 years, of these, not more than 3 may be in the early years age group, and of these, not more than 1 may be under 1 year at any one time.

When caring for 4 or 5 year old children who are in full time education, may increase the number in the early years age group by the number of children in full time education, providing the maximum number is not exceeded.

I have a son who is 7, and a daughter who is nearly five, (having just started full time education). How may other mindees am i allowed each day???

Do my children come into the '4 children under 8'. Im fairly confident they dont, but am really confused.

Ive tried ringing ofstead, and still couldnt really understadd what the lady was saying!!, i think she was just as confused with the wording as me.
many thanks

Hebs
10-09-2010, 10:30 AM
no they don't thats why you can only have 4 mindees under 8,

dont forget to ring and get your certificate changed when oyur son turns 8 :thumbsup:

angiemog
10-09-2010, 10:31 AM
No they don't you can have an extra 4 children, 3 unders 5s and 1 under 8 or 4 under 8s. We can have a maximum of 6 under 8s. If you daughter is in full time education 5 days 9-3 then she will count as a 5 year old. If she is only part time at the mo then she will count as an under 5. Hope that helps. x

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
10-09-2010, 10:33 AM
You can look after 4 children besides your own so it total you can have 6 children. Your children count as over 5's so can have another one in your over 5 catagory and 3 under 5 but only one of these can be under 1

I think lol

HTH

lilliuspillius
10-09-2010, 10:40 AM
i knew i could depend on this website to work it out for me. Why do ofsted make it so confusing - many thanks.