PDA

View Full Version : NEVER EVER AGAIN

Hebs
10-09-2010, 10:06 AM
am i providing childcare for a parent where the job centre is paying :angry: :angry: :angry:

had mindee for 4 weeks now, just sent 3rd invoice off (now owed £950!!!) and they dont know when i'll be paid!

told them it MUST be paid by next friday or childcare will stop

:angry: :angry: :angry:

i do feel sorry for mum as she has been trying to get them to sort it, and has rang me while she's been at her lone parent meetings, but i rang them and told them NO money NO childcare

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hollyoaksmad
10-09-2010, 11:27 AM
It does take along time but I was not owed as much as you so i would be annoyed to a month and abit ittook I got a letter sayin we would put the money into your account xx

Mookins
10-09-2010, 11:59 AM
bless ya heart thats awful...doesnt give the parent much faith either does it

i tell ya some people couldnt organise a knees up in a brewery:(

xx

little_gems
10-09-2010, 11:59 AM
dont want to bring even more bad news but when i was paid by job center it took 3 months. The same with probation service and social services was nearly 6 months.

linda2girls
10-09-2010, 12:08 PM
It only took 3 weeks for the job centre to pay me. It must depend what area you're in.

Linda.

Bananabrain
10-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Outrageous!!!
Have done job centre, student's children and a brief bit of temp cover for social services. They have all been dreadful when it comes to paying.
What gets me the most is when you phone they almost make you feel guilty for saying 'When am I going to get paid'!

helenlc
10-09-2010, 12:46 PM
I got paid quite quickly when I did work that was paid by Job Centre but that was just 2 days as a one off and not a continual arrangement.

Social Services are terrible in my experience. If I do work for them now, I know I will be waiting weeks or months for payment.

When I was working in the creche at our local childrens centre, me and my friend didnt get paid for months - we started september and were still waiting in November. In the end, I said I wasnt going back until I was paid - and lo and behold money was in my account by the end of the week!!!:clapping:

Hope you get it sorted soon:thumbsup:

zillervalley
10-09-2010, 12:57 PM
its really not on, if they had overpaid someone they would be demanding it straight away no doubt, shame for parent but you need your wages you will have been feeding them etc using other money up

ziller

The Juggler
10-09-2010, 01:38 PM
that's awful. the JC is there to get people back to work. If they treat childcare payments like this, then parents will lose their childcare and then the parent will potentially lose their new job - defeating the whole purpose of the exercise:angry:

Hebs
10-09-2010, 02:05 PM
that's awful. the JC is there to get people back to work. If they treat childcare payments like this, then parents will lose their childcare and then the parent will potentially lose their new job - defeating the whole purpose of the exercise:angry:

Exactly! You'd think i was asking for free money!

gigglinggoblin
10-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Local councillors are often really useful for this stuff. Especially if its their party policy to put this kind of thing in place and the job centre being rubbish is going to cause them embarassment. Generally places like the job centre prefer them to keep their noses out, might be worth suggesting to mum that she rings and asks for help.

youarewhatyoueat
10-09-2010, 03:04 PM
It usually takes 3 to 4 weeks to get the payments set up but once its set up it should be quicker, I have always invoiced councils in advance and never had a problem. If I was you I would add on the next few weeks so at least you get a lump sum.
I wouldn't with hold the childcare though it sounds too good to lose, you always get the money eventually.

Hebs
10-09-2010, 03:57 PM
mum knows i wont stop providing childcare, and is fully supporting me telling them i'm suspending childcare :thumbsup:

i go on holiday in a weeks time and if i could have this payment before we go we'll have more money to do things :laughing:

Hebs
16-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Well....

One payment went in on Tuesday and i rang and reconfirmed that unless ALL if it was paid i was suspending care AND emailing Downing St to rant

Well they rang today to confirm it will be in the bank tomorrow

HEBS 1 JOB CENTRE 0

Haha x

caz3007
16-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Well done, after all their staff wouldnt want to wait more than a month to be paid

Jazz
17-09-2010, 07:02 PM
I have cared for Social Service children when I was registered before and never had any problems being paid. In fact they continued to pay me even after I stopped childminding. It took four phonecalls to get them to stop paying me.