PDA

View Full Version : still not settled after settling in - advice please

newandlearning
10-09-2010, 08:44 AM
hi everyone..

I've had a 11 month old settle 3 times now.. and she cries for nearly the whole time she is with me.. the mum brings thiings her lil one like to play with and this works to a degree.. the mum hadn't made the transition to bottle/sippycup when settling in sessions first started but she's begun to get her lil taking this for drinks purposes.. unfortunately she was meant to have 2 more settling in sessions this week but she's been ill... the mum now doesn't want to leave her a full day with me next week, which I can understand.

I've now suggested she comes anyway but for a half day instead as I felt this could be more beneficial to helping her settle in... I have two 2 yo's here on those days and am wondering how you manage to look after everyone when babies are settling due to really missing mum.. she's never been left with anyone at all before .. so I can totally understand why the lil girl is upset but would love some tips on how to help her the most.

thanks a lot for reading...:)

gegele
10-09-2010, 08:52 AM
i had a baby kangoroo last year who cryied if i put her down, if we weren't in contact, then if anyone other than me looked at her!!!!!

it took a while, way pass the settling in period! it took 3 months for her to be happy in and out my setting by my side, then an other 2 for her to be really confident with starngers and going away from me and exploring toddler group...

i found it easier if they come about 1h before their sleeping time, then they sleep and they're usually better when they wake up. and then you can start getting to know each other. screamers scream for a while AFTER settling in. just need to decide if you and mum can take it.

good luck:thumbsup: