PDA

View Full Version : please help how to work food out

nelly
10-09-2010, 07:28 AM
dont know how best to work out how much my mindees food comes to.thanks if anyone can help x

Roseolivia
10-09-2010, 08:16 AM
I usually highlight on my bill the food i use for mindees and split the cost into 3 as me and partner eat what the mindees eat. Usually between £20- £30 per week depending on what were eating and if that's included any toiletries.

beckyteddy
10-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Because I cook for mindees and my own children/family at the same time, I worked out the average cost of each type of meal ie. breakfasts, lunch or dinner and then just add up how much it comes to over a week (depending on how many I provide) and then put a weekly total in the food column of my expenses sheet.

ie. breakfast: 1 x wheatabix (so the cost of a box of 24 divided by 24)
1/2 pint of milk
cup of fruit juice (cost of a full carton divided by 6)
piece of fruit
= 85p per. breakfast

I put any biscuits, baking ingrediants or fruit that I buy especially for snacks down as individual items as they are easier to separate from my own families shopping.

I then just keep all my reciepts for food in a seperate folder, so that no matter what I use for minded childrens meals or snacks it's all been kept regardless of whether I've mentioned it specifically in my accounts or not.

jumpinjen
10-09-2010, 09:48 AM
I do the highlighting on till receipts and write on the receipt how much mindees food has come to, then staple it in my accounts book to go through.... youshould keep food receipts for four weeks at a minimum if you are cooking for mindees anyway! x

Carol M
10-09-2010, 11:45 AM
This is how I do it, like beckyteddy
Shepherd's Pie
Lamb mince 3 x £2.30 = £6.90
Sauce 3 jars x £1.40 = £4.20
carrots = 60p
Cauli 1 x £1
Broccoli 2 x £1 = £2
spuds £1.50
Total £16.20
Feeds 10
£1.62 each portion
Fromage frais (2) each = 33p
piece of fruit .20p
total dessert = 53p
TOTAL MEAL = £2.15
I put in my books £2 for each child having tea as some meals are a bit cheaper to do but keep my workings out and till receipts for all meals/food
Carol xx