PDA

View Full Version : Which NVQ course?

Zuzana
09-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Hello, I am new here! So hi everyone!
I've been working in childcare for over 8 years as a nanny. I would love to do a qualification, but I am quite confused about the NVQs and different qualifications. I want to do an NVQ or equivalent as a home based study/online study. But there is so many! Some more expensive than others. Are they also better? Or not necessarily? If someone could shed some light on it for me and maybe recommend a course, I would really appreciate that!
Thanks in advance for any help and have a nice evening!:clapping:
Zuzana

nannymcflea
14-09-2010, 01:36 PM
I think most people on here go for a NVQ3 in CCLD(childrens care learning and development).

If you already have a level 3 (A level) then you can do a foundation degree in early years.

check out your councils policy on funding, you may get all or some paid for.:thumbsup:

Helcatt
14-09-2010, 08:30 PM
I am doing the Diploma in Homebased Childcare- also a level 3 even though I already have A levels (though nothing to do with childcare)

Our local council WAS funding but I don't believe they are any more

They were trying to get me to do the NVQ3 CCLD, but my husband works shifts and I could not get to the class every monday night as I have two little ones of my own at home. So the option they came up with was the DHC as I could do it from home, and within reason, at my own pace.

I paid the first £45 of each unit and they (the council) cover the rest

I think the NVQ involves a lot more time with a tutor and them coming to watch you working (is my understanding anyway) I just have the tutor on the other end of the puter or phone if I need her

HTH

HX