PDA

View Full Version : Cringe at own children on parent visits

singlewiththree
09-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Well the parent visit couldn't have gone any worse. My DD decided to play up big style. Put a doll next to the 4mth babys head and started smacking a brick into its head laughing (the doll not the baby)!!! However, they did give me their email address to let them know tomorrow if the person who wants the place in October comes back as this for January so you never know!

sarah707
09-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Ds used to be just the same! It used to drive me potty.

Hopefully parents will see past it and realise that it was a show especially for them!

xx

sarahlorraine73
09-09-2010, 06:28 PM
My son has Asperger's and on several occassions has made comments (oh my god, why on earth did you call him that!) ( they are the biggest ears I have ever seen!) and they go on and on. Only two of the parents have returned! But that's my boy, take it or leave it, he dont mean to offend:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tina O
09-09-2010, 06:43 PM
I never had a problem with my boys on interview, but on normal collection days my 10yrs old will tell parents also,
opens door " **** has been terrible today!" :eek:
or " your late you know" :blush:
"*** hit ***" :eek: before I can get to explain,

I tell him to stop but he just says it's the truth isn't it? can't argue with him! I did allow him to comment one day on a parent who was getting here a little early in the morning, she didn't after that, so he has his uses!

KarenM
09-09-2010, 07:26 PM
I sent my daughter out to play earlier when a parent was visiting. She's 10 and gets very loud sometimes and talks over people. At the point she was telling the parent my husband is obese was the time I kicked her out - her excuse? the lady was a nurse so she can help Dad! lol

michellethegooner
09-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Bless- thankfully my kids are well behaved, but sometimes they so quiet i feel it may come across rude- example dd will sit at computer on her phone she will say hi but that it really she will interact with child or get toys/drink etc if I ask her too, when I say "you were quiet" she says; "oh, I wanted to let u do ur interview" lol cant win can ya pmsl

Mouse
09-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Oh, your own children are always the worst!

My daughter is 9 and insists on hanging round when I'm talking to parents. She'll join in the converstation, telling them what she's been up to etc. The problem is, I chat far to much anyway and when she joins in it can take ages to get the parents out the door :laughing:

Blaze
09-09-2010, 08:09 PM
My DD told a parent of mine at collection " Mum told me off because I wouldn't play with x (parents 1 year old DD) when she went to the shops(making it sound as if I had left LO's home with my 10 year old ds in charge) & the best bit.......I know you're going to tell me off when x (Mum's name) leaves!:eek: :angry: :eek:

...What actually happened - I told my DS off for not sharing the mega blocks with mindee (DS was hogging them) - DS moaning that she had them first - me trying to be patient & explain that mindee is too young to understand that & it doesn't matter who had what first she should be sharing as there are more than enough blocks to go round!!!!All of this she knows all to well - was just in that sort of mood that day.... (All this whist I am putting up the pop up shop at my DS's request)!!!!

Kid's eh!:rolleyes:

mamasheshe
09-09-2010, 08:16 PM
it's not just mine then:clapping: i dread pick up time as my two play up something rotten usually start helping themselves to loads of food or just talking over parents :(

funfunfun
09-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Oh my kids are the same on collection...............makes me crindge also at the time !

My mindees are fab have to say .........push it sometimes but fab!!

My own children are monsters for want of a better word .

They always want to come to the door with me , eldest often has a friend round (over 8) they are so nosey want to tell mindees parenst whats gone off during the day :laughing:

My eldest is a total drama queen :) everything is so dramatic and my youngest is mum mum mum mum attention seeking

Mouse
09-09-2010, 08:21 PM
This has reminded me of one inspection I had. My own children were being pretty good and the inspector was asking about my healthy eating policy, when my son, who would have been about 4 at the time, suddenly said "mummy lets me eat sweets in bed at night!"

I looked at him like this :eek:

He didn't eat many sweets, was never allowed food upstairs & had never in his life had sweets in bed! I haven't a clue where it came from.
I said "No I don't" and he said "yes you do"!

I don't know who the inspector believed!

Lady Haha
09-09-2010, 10:36 PM
This has reminded me of one inspection I had. My own children were being pretty good and the inspector was asking about my healthy eating policy, when my son, who would have been about 4 at the time, suddenly said "mummy lets me eat sweets in bed at night!"

I looked at him like this :eek:

He didn't eat many sweets, was never allowed food upstairs & had never in his life had sweets in bed! I haven't a clue where it came from.
I said "No I don't" and he said "yes you do"!

I don't know who the inspector believed!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

helenlc
10-09-2010, 01:32 PM
My 10 yr DD loves the babies and toddlers but can be quite over powering, so I tend to do parent interviews when she is at school.

When LOs are collected at the end of the day, she has a habit of standing at the door with me and saying how J has been havign strops all day, how D was crying cos he was SO tired. And I stand there trying to play down what she is saying!!:o :blush:

kindredspirits
10-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Yes - I had a parent over earlier with an 8 month old - my son got very angry with my current mindee for being in his space. :blush: I was very calm with how I dealt with it and said that he was having a bad day because he didn't sleep well (which is true) not sure if she'll be back tho :rolleyes:

bekki0405
11-09-2010, 07:16 AM
I always remember my first ever parent interview. My DD decided then would be a good idea to have the biggest meltdown of her life. My husband wasnt any help either, he just looked at me with this look of 'I don't know what to do'. Until I suggested (calmly) that he took her upstairs.

Needless to say, I didn't hear back, but I learnt a lesson that day

Bananabrain
11-09-2010, 09:41 AM
My 12 yr old son {going on 42} knows to keep his gob shut!
I had some prospective parents visit last night and I think it's my cat that embarrasses me most!
She's a bit of a princess and doesn't like to be ignored. She will go down people's bags and she always has to come down and 'sniff' people:laughing:
I think she just has to check to see if they smell ok!
And she gets jealous if I've got new baby on my lap. She tries to nudge her way in and push baby out of the way:eek:

Tasha M
12-09-2010, 02:59 PM
you have no idea how happy i am to read all of these posts!

My DS who is 5 turns into the devil at collection time, my dd who is 10 just likes to chat to the parents, which can be hard espcially if i am chasing late payments, but is generally ok, it's my son who is a nightmare. Luckily my parents have got used to him over time and see it's just a performance for them! let's hope he grows out of it!

mum22
12-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Oh me too, my ds is the worse really plays up and shows off (7) but an angel the rest of the time.