PDA

View Full Version : Digital camera

sarah32
06-04-2008, 09:15 AM
I bought myself a digital camera yesterday mainly for childminding as fed up with taking pictures of mindees then taking film to be developed, takes too long to finish film and then forgotten why i had taken pictures.

Can I put the whole amount down or percentage, probably wouldnt of bought it if not minding. Not a expensive one, only £64.99, bargain as got memory card and bag for it aswell.

Need as soon as possible as trying to finish my accounts.

miffy
06-04-2008, 09:28 AM
It's all about being able to justify the purchase as a business expense - if you wouldn't have bought a digital camera otherwise can show that you need it for your business and will only use it for your business then put the whole amount through

HTH

miffy xx

manjay
06-04-2008, 09:36 AM
It's all about being able to justify the purchase as a business expense - if you wouldn't have bought a digital camera otherwise can show that you need it for your business and will only use it for your business then put the whole amount through

HTH

miffy xx

I personally would put the whole amount through but then maybe I am a bit of a rebel!! I am able to justify most things I buy:D If you don't feel comfortable with that and you do think you will use it other than for minding put maybe 80 or 90%

amanda xx

sarah707
06-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Like Manjay says, if you can justify it as a business expense then put it through! It really is a personal thing... if you had a visit from a tax inspector wanting to look through your books and he asked about that entry... how would you justify it? :D

manjay
06-04-2008, 10:26 AM
Like Manjay says, if you can justify it as a business expense then put it through! It really is a personal thing... if you had a visit from a tax inspector wanting to look through your books and he asked about that entry... how would you justify it? :D

Just show him the millions of pictures you have to take in the course of a day:thumbsup:

amanda xx