PDA

View Full Version : It's been a long day

VINASOL
09-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Mindee S (3 1/2) has really tried my patience today, has hit me several times, tried to hit DD as well, has had tantrums and been rather naughty. She also went down my handbag, took out my purse and all my money, cards and everything was thrown across the room. I was not amused.

H (aged 6) is sometimes in a world of his own and just wonders off and I'm constantly watching him - on way out of school he simply started following someone else in the opposite direction and at times seemed if he didn't even hear me.

J (aged 8) has been really horrible to my DD (also 3 1/2) shouting at her to shut up, calling her names (they ahve a love/hate relationship).

DS (aged 7) is copying J's attitude and I'm not happy with him - not least because he is not doing as he is told.

And whereas my DD usually is naughty or having tantrums has been simply wonderful. She's coping really well with having S here and it's so lovely to see her so happy.

Taking five children to/from school today has absolutely shattered me and I'm sick with cold/flu too!

How do you discipline your mindees? I was going to make cakes with the girls, but S was so naughty picking up things and throwing them around the room I told them taht we wouldn't make them today - too mean?

caz3007
09-09-2010, 03:58 PM
I would sit down and have a chat with the older ones. Telling someone to shut up isnt allowed in my house, its rude and unnecessary and everyone is expected to be nice to each other and no name calling. An 8 year old should be able to be reasoned with and if they cant say anything nice to your DD then they shouldnt say anything at all. I often tell my older ones that they have to set a good example to the younger ones too and sometimes that works.

I sympathise cos I am having problems when I have 2 11 year olds at the same time, each on their own is fine, when together they are a nightmare

Tina O
09-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Discipline I use is "time out" for all the kids and will restrict activities if they are doing something wrong and an activitiy is a 'treat'...

I have one who is my resident "naughty" child (horrible things to say, I know....) 5yrs and has pinched and kicked other children and is difficult everyday I have him. The 2.5yrs old is begining to test the boundaries. Others, I don't have much problem with (3yrs, 4yrs, 8yrs) It's quite funny but when one acts up the 3yr old (:littleangel: always!) says "uh-oh tina going to use her cross voice!"

charliegee
09-09-2010, 08:54 PM
aw hun I don't have many words of wisdom but just wanted to send you a big hug - I had a bit of a trying day with one of my little ones and just to say hope you are having a relax this evening :)

xxx