PDA

View Full Version : bit miffed

loocyloo
09-09-2010, 07:09 AM
the family i have been minding for the longest (almost 7 years) have just given notice. the eldest hasn't come for a year since attending secondary school.

last week i told all my parents that due to DH job, we would be selling the house and moving, but in that i had no idea how long it would take, i was planning to carry on as normal and as soon as i had any dates, i would tell them, and work to find new childcare. everyone seemed happy with this ( in fact, 2 sets of parents have INCREASED their hours !!! LOL !!! ) i've spoken to local minders who have spaces and all are happy to wait and see, as there are lots of afterschool places available, and not many afterschoolers needing care ! anyway, this mum has found a minder who has said if child ( almost 9yr ) doesn't go now ( in 4 weeks ) she won't hold a space !

but actually, thats not whats miffed me! its the fact that mum told me IN FRONT of other parents, who were already collecting their children! i just said thank you, please can i have it in writing!

i totally understand her finding new childcare, and can understand the new minder wanting to take child now, but am not happy at the way mum told me! mum has always been totally professional before now!

ok, miffed rant over, off to school!

Tina O
09-09-2010, 07:16 AM
Some people just don't think!

good luck with the house move xx

miffy
09-09-2010, 07:28 AM
Maybe she was worried about telling you so just blurted it out whilst others were there?

Don't let this spoil what has been a good relationship so far.

Miffy xx

bexcee
09-09-2010, 01:26 PM
I agree with Miffy I expect she was dreading telling you and it just came out :rolleyes:

loocyloo
09-09-2010, 01:44 PM
thanks, i'm sure that was what is what too, just still miffed about it! it will be fine tho!

x

michellethegooner
09-09-2010, 03:15 PM
agree maybe she was just scared 2 tell u as she has been with u so long, and good luck with the move x

loocyloo
09-09-2010, 05:03 PM
thanks.

well dad picked up today, he does quite often and no written notice!

took a lovely photo of mindee and DS and think i will start making a collage for mindee of all the photos of him since he fist came!

Trouble
09-09-2010, 05:25 PM
parents:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :angry: