PDA

View Full Version : Activity Idea Needs

anneriddington
06-04-2008, 08:25 AM
For my next observation with my NVQ3 assessor I need to do an activity showing fine and gross motor skills. This will be with two 2years olds. Usually full of bright ideas but when I know Im being assessed mind goes blank:idea:

Want to do something that we can do inside at the table as already doing an outdoor activity.

Anyone got any ideas?:idea:

miffy
06-04-2008, 08:37 AM
What about playdough that uses both fine and gross motor skills - fine motor using tools and cutters gross motor stretching kneading and rolling dough

or painting or music (playing an instrument - fine and dancing - gross) or junk modelling

HTH

miffy xx

sarah707
06-04-2008, 08:44 AM
I have a little bag of resources all related to songs... a picture of a spider for 'incy wincy', a boat for 'row the boat', beanie baby monkey for '3 little monkeys', teddy for 'teddy bear turn around', doll for 'miss Polly' etc...

The children really enjoy feeling in the bag and choosing a toy (fine motor skills) then singing the songs, which often involve lots of gross motor skills in the movements.

It's also a good activity for controlling what the children are doing, esp if you make up a little rhyme to say or sing between each child taking turns... eg

'What's in the bag? What's in the bag? It's Susan's turn to look and see... what's in the bag?' or something equally simple.

You could practice it before she comes so they know what they are doing. :D

anneriddington
06-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Thanks for that what is it about assessors put the fear of god in to you! She is lovely so don't know why I worry

Im off now to spend my £100 toys r us voucher:clapping:

miffy
06-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Thanks for that what is it about assessors put the fear of god in to you! She is lovely so don't know why I worry

Im off now to spend my £100 toys r us voucher:clapping:

I know I was always the same when mine came LOL!

She was really nice not very helpful but really nice!

Have fun spending your voucher

miffy xx