PDA

View Full Version : Money worries

Helen Dempster
08-09-2010, 10:00 PM
hi all

Do any of you lovelies know if there is anything we can claim temporarily when we are struggling, due to lack of mindees etc? I've just lost my only full timer and 2 others are about to go into full time school, so will only have them after school for a couple of hours. I just wondered if there was anything I could claim for while I'm not earning alot?

Thanks all (it's a worrying time).

Trouble
08-09-2010, 10:04 PM
big hugs xxxxxx

can you not sign on ?

or isnt there a fund for childminders who have a bad patch?

sorry someone should come along with more answers:(

angeldelight
08-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch Helen

I am not sure what you can claim sorry

Hope someone can give you some answers in the morning though

Hope things improve for you

Angel xx

christine e
09-09-2010, 05:45 AM
Some areas do have a grant you can apply for when you are down on your numbers. Our area use to have one but it has stopped now - have a word with your development officer.

Hope things pick up soon

Cx

cuffleygirl
09-09-2010, 06:19 AM
working tax credit??

lisal5632
09-09-2010, 06:39 AM
Where i live we have a sustainability grant given when you have 1 full time space availible i think its a one off payment of £300 you can claim it once a year! Every local authority is different but its worth asking?

Other then that Tax credits??

:) Hope this helps x

kindredspirits
09-09-2010, 07:43 AM
i was going to suggest the sustainability grant as well - i think there are stupid rules like it has to be in an area where there are more spaces than children etc - but always worth a shot to see if you can get it in your area - the LA should know or your development officer.

Mouse
09-09-2010, 08:27 AM
I agree with the others, try the sustainability grant.

Contact you local authority/development officer and ask if they offer it to childminders iin your area.

There are ususally conditions attached to it, so not everyone is entitled to it (if they offer it at all). In this area you claimed it as a one off amount of £360 (£60 a week for 6 weeks) and you could claim twice a year.
You needed to show your register to demonstrate how many children you had been looking after & how many you now have. You also had to be registered on the local vacancy co-ordinator scheme & show what you were doing to get more children - advertising, website, handing out business cards etc.

It's not a massive amount, but it does help when you're struggling.