PDA

View Full Version : 2 hour childcare

jellybean cc
08-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Today at school a mother asked me if i knew if she would be allowed to look after a friends child who is 18 months for 2 hours a week with out being a registered childminder. She said it would be one hour one day and another hour another day.

I said i did not know but would try to find out for her. so thought i would ask on here.

aly
08-09-2010, 08:09 PM
im sure that is ok as it is only an hour etc...as long as se is not getting paid {in kind} then it should be ok.

jellybean cc
08-09-2010, 08:26 PM
I did not ask about money. I assumed she would get paid something but never thought to ask.

LittleGems1970
08-09-2010, 08:31 PM
hi,

when i first registered and was waiting for my certificate to come through, i had an enquiry for an after schooler, 3-4.45pm, i did ring Ofsted up as somebody had told me that they thought you could do 2 hours without cert, Ofsted told me that you could do 1 hr and 59minutes!! to be precise! and that was ok.

judisteve
08-09-2010, 09:12 PM
http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/General/Factsheet-childcare-Registration-not-required

If the above link works it should give you the info. you need! If it doesn't work then just search Registration Not Required on the Ofsted website.

I think two hours will be fine un-registered!