PDA

View Full Version : Would you take this on??

marnieb
08-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Finally had a phone call this pm from a lady who wants after school x 3 for a 4 yr old and all day x 3 for her 7 month old. :jump for joy:

Now, I desperatley need the work and I didn't turn it down - BUT - with no traffic the pick up will take 5 min, but as we all know throw in the after school traffic and it will probably be 15 min. So I have to pick up ds at 2.55-3, then get to the other school for 3.10, with no room at all for kids being let out late etc.

Ds knows what I do for a living and why - he's 7 in 5 weeks time - and I'm thinking if I do get anywhere with this family then I'd ask Pil's to collect ds 3 days a week and bring him back here until I get back from the school run.

I feel so guilty for even comtemplating getting someone else to collect ds for those 3 days, but as you all know ( and have been in/or are in the same boat with work!!) those 3 days work would make sooo much difference to us -i.e. we wouldn't have to cancel Xmas!!!

And we all know it could be months before I get another call.......

Thoughts?? Opinions??

caz3007
08-09-2010, 03:35 PM
If your Pils are willing to do it, then go for it. My Ds is nearly 8 and he sometimes moans about some of the children, but I explain why I am doing it and that my income is needed for everything other than the bills (hubbys wages just about cover these) and he is fine with it. I am sure your DS will be too and dont feel guilty cos you are only doing your best for the family

mama2three
08-09-2010, 03:41 PM
maybe have a chat with ds's teacher. Could he be let out first at 255 , then you could make both schools. It may be worth a try - but if not then Im sure if you mention needing extra money for xmas then he'll be happy with pils collecting him!

RainbowMum
08-09-2010, 03:42 PM
My 2 (5 & 8) go to breakfast club 3 mornings as the school run is too much with 3 x under 2 yr old - dont beat yourself upxx

Chell
08-09-2010, 06:51 PM
If your Pils are willing to do it, then go for it. My Ds is nearly 8 and he sometimes moans about some of the children, but I explain why I am doing it and that my income is needed for everything other than the bills (hubbys wages just about cover these) and he is fine with it. I am sure your DS will be too and dont feel guilty cos you are only doing your best for the family

I agree, same with my 7yr old DS.

Little Pumpkins
08-09-2010, 07:05 PM
if your in laws are willing I would do it
make it an adventure for your son like it special for in laws to come get him, plus it ives them some time together

bexcee
08-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Go for it, bet your son will love being picked up by his grandparents and it will mean you have extra money to treat him now and again :clapping: