PDA

View Full Version : Poor mindee

snufflepuff
08-09-2010, 01:49 PM
She is full of cold, bless her! She's has been really grumpy, napping on and off all day, she even slept on the school run just 20 minutes after Mum dropped off! I tucked a cloth next to her with olbas oil on it, and put olbas oil in boiling water on a shelf, and used the karvol vapour rub that Mum put in her bag, but it didn't help much. Poor thing. I don't feel that it's justifiable to send her home but i can't help but think that if my son was like this he would just want cuddles with his Mummy!
Is there anything else i can do to help her a bit? Would you just let her sleep as much as she wants or try to wake her soon? She generally sleeps quite alot anyway but it has been loads today.

kindredspirits
08-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Let her sleep - her body needs it. Other than that make sure she has the chance to chill when she is awake - even if it means putting the TV on more than usual.

teacake2
08-09-2010, 02:14 PM
I have got one the same, has been like it all week, finally gone to sleep, but struggling to breathe, been a bit sick with it as well to-day, soon be home time though, hopefully.
There isn't much we can do for them is there, just dose them up and let them do what they want to, I am sure he would be better off at home though.
Teacake2

Monkey26
08-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Try rubbing some vapour rub on little ones feet then cover with fresh cotton socks, i read about it somewhere and tried it with a mindee at nap time (with permission obviously!) before the summer-it really worked! Within hours he was able to breathe easier and had perked up :D Now his mum uses this trick all the time!
Another one i tend to do is use the plug in vapour thingys, i put it in the hallway so it doesnt over power specific rooms but still 'floats' around the house.
Poor little mites... good luck! xx