PDA

View Full Version : are you still happy with your pogo?

newandlearning
08-09-2010, 12:42 PM
hi everyone...

I was wondering if you are still using your pogo printers or if you are using a different method for picture taking?

I also wondered how many of you used the pics for the learning journals etc..
or if you still get 6x4 prints for the journals?

am now thinking of getting a pogo.. but wondered can you only use with a camera, a particularly type of camera.. or can you plug in your phone as well?

thanks a lot guys..x

francinejayne
08-09-2010, 12:52 PM
I still love my pogo - I only use it for child minding, for the diaries and learning journals, but I think it's great!

LisaMcNally09
08-09-2010, 12:56 PM
I swear by my pogo and the kids love it!!

I have an Iphone which isnt compatible with the pogo but my camera is and its so easy to connect to it!!

Highly recommended by me for learning journals, photo gifts and other craft activities!!

Toothfairy
08-09-2010, 01:13 PM
I love my Pogo, the only down side is it does not hold its charge. I have to have it plugged in everytime I want to print off.

Mykidsrock
08-09-2010, 02:25 PM
I swear by my pogo and the kids love it!!

I have an Iphone which isnt compatible with the pogo but my camera is and its so easy to connect to it!!

Highly recommended by me for learning journals, photo gifts and other craft activities!!

Does the Iphone have bluetooth? If so, you can bluetooth photos to the Pogo (or atleast I can with mine). There is a pass code (6000) to accept them. Just search for the device when it is switched on x

Chimps Childminding
08-09-2010, 02:32 PM
I love mine!! Pics are just the right size for the learning journals!! Downside is as said it doesnt hold a charge but I just plug it on on the worktop and print out a load at a time.

Hoping it will save me money on ink in long run as the ink on my printer is really expensive and I am hoping by using the Pogo for kids photos I wont get through as much :rolleyes:

miss mopple
08-09-2010, 04:11 PM
I love mine, but am a bit peeved that I need a new one already as the mains cable is about to give up. The little plastic connector that goes into the machine has gone wobbly and looks like it may snap any time :( Doesnt look like you can buy spares so Ill have to invest in another

loocyloo
08-09-2010, 04:25 PM
i love my pogo, use it all the time for learning journeys, diaries and my childrens holidays diaries for school!

the paper has got more expensive, but its great! i plug in my camera or bluetooth my phone to it! DH has an iphone and he has been known to send my phone a photo so i can bluetooth it !!!

xxx

claire'scherubs
08-09-2010, 05:21 PM
I am seriously not happy with mine. Received it saturday used it brilliantly with the camera and the phone. Gone to use it again and it won't receive blue tooth from my phone and doesn't seem to want to stay switched on unless its in the mains

I will be speaking to the supplier tonight!!!!!:mad:

Monkey1
08-09-2010, 05:38 PM
i love my pogo, use it all the time for learning journeys, diaries and my childrens holidays diaries for school!

the paper has got more expensive, but its great! i plug in my camera or bluetooth my phone to it! DH has an iphone and he has been known to send my phone a photo so i can bluetooth it !!!

xxx

Thats because suddenly a million and one childminders are buying them and the demand is there!:D

Love mine still!

Chell
08-09-2010, 06:29 PM
I don't use mine. I tend to take pics on my iphone. I email them to myself so I can print them from my PC. I copy them into a word doc and print them along with whatever description I need/obs. I find this easier than using the Pogo.

Lick'le Oakes
08-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Mine came today but my phone not work with it, I am due an upgrade anyway. Any suggestions on what phone to get please.

TammyN
08-09-2010, 07:53 PM
I am seriously not happy with mine. Received it saturday used it brilliantly with the camera and the phone. Gone to use it again and it won't receive blue tooth from my phone and doesn't seem to want to stay switched on unless its in the mains

I will be speaking to the supplier tonight!!!!!:mad:

i have just been bought a pogo of my hubby for my birthday after raving on about you lot :) i printed my :) ds homework photo's on it already for school tomorrow! i just bluetoothed a photo fine but now ive tried again and it's not recognising it, bit like you, wonder if im missing something, i was using it on battery, maybe needs plugging in?

TheBTeam
08-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Love the pogo, but like most others it doesnt hold the charge!

claire'scherubs
08-09-2010, 08:23 PM
i have just been bought a pogo of my hubby for my birthday after raving on about you lot :) i printed my :) ds homework photo's on it already for school tomorrow! i just bluetoothed a photo fine but now ive tried again and it's not recognising it, bit like you, wonder if im missing something, i was using it on battery, maybe needs plugging in?

Mmmmmm interesting.....I've tried mine both plugged in and on battery, have we got a faulty batch!!????

funfunfun
08-09-2010, 08:33 PM
i love myn too ............although as someone else said the paper is more exspensive now

jumpinjen
09-09-2010, 06:50 AM
I love mine, but am a bit peeved that I need a new one already as the mains cable is about to give up. The little plastic connector that goes into the machine has gone wobbly and looks like it may snap any time :( Doesnt look like you can buy spares so Ill have to invest in another

How long ago did you buy it? If under 12 months the company should replace for free.... if more than 12 months, call the company, they wil be able to sell you a cable wihtout buying another one!!

jen x

miss mopple
09-09-2010, 06:58 AM
think thats what I'll do Jen. I got it through amazon and their returns service is pretty good I think. Definately worth a go :thumbsup:

Lyns123
09-09-2010, 06:21 PM
I like mine but my pictures are always coming out streaky even if i put the blue bit of paper through first, it's starting to annoy me as i feel like i'm wasting loads of paper.

Anyone else got this or should i get them to replace it?

LisaMcNally09
09-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Does the Iphone have bluetooth? If so, you can bluetooth photos to the Pogo (or atleast I can with mine). There is a pass code (6000) to accept them. Just search for the device when it is switched on x

For some reason the iphone bluetooth isnt like any other phones bluetooth and you cant connect to any other device via it.

Iphones fault not the pogo:)

linda2girls
09-09-2010, 07:22 PM
I'm not very happy with the quality of the print-out on mine. The photos look great on the camera, really bright, and they come out quite dark on the pogo. I'm going to compare the printouts with another childminder's pogo next week. I have noticed that there is a 'use by' date on the pack of paper and all mine are 01/2010 so all out of date, maybe this is the reason.

Linda.

karen m
09-09-2010, 08:52 PM
love my pogo was only printing from phone but that was me ,sorted how to print from camera now

HappyH
09-09-2010, 09:10 PM
I love mine! yeah the photo's aren't as sharp or a colourful as on the camera but for the journals (and the money I paid for it) I personally think they're great. I find it so much easier now than having to copy and paste then print off and cut out blah blah.
I only have a cheapy phone but the bluetooth lets me print off ok, which is great as I haven't been able to print from that since I got it:)