PDA

View Full Version : potty training 3 year old

newandlearning
08-09-2010, 11:58 AM
hi everyone..

am having poo-ey issues this week it seems..

one of my mindees is now potty training and yesterday he poo'ed in pants and today he did the same .. he's pretty good with going pee as long as you ask/tell him to go. its his 2nd day potty training.

I'm wondering how many of you would ride the wave with this and how many would suggest he goes back in nappies .. I had a similar problem like this which went on for a long time so am not averse to doing the changes but am wondering what is the best way forward.

thank you very much for reading.. xx:)

Helen79
08-09-2010, 12:18 PM
my son started potty training last week and is doing really well with wee's but has had loads of poo accidents so sounds similar. I've sent him to nursery in pants but feel bad that they may have to change his clothes.

I'd give it a week maybe if he's still having problems then would think about pull ups. If he's quite regular with going maybe pop a pull up on around the time he usually goes.

newandlearning
08-09-2010, 12:23 PM
hi .. you know there was a lil girl at my son's pre-school who poo'ed in her pull up pant but wore pants the rest of the time... she would tell her mum she needed a poo and mum would give her the pull-up... with my own son I took him to the doctors in the end and asked her to have a word with him as he poo'ed in his pants for nearly a year... she talked to him and within 2 days he was poo'ing on the toilet. why this worked I've no real idea but I was soo glad it did...:)

I'm wondering if this isn't just real common.:idea: :)

merry
08-09-2010, 01:24 PM
I look after a little boy who is 4 and he's been potty trained for over a year for weeing but for poo's he's still doing it in his pants. I only have him 1 day a week and he's never done it here, or at pre-school where he has 3 sessions, only when he's with parents or grandma. His health visitor has told Mum not to worry, he's fine medically and in her (hv's) experience it's a fairly common phase especially in boys.
If it's only his 2nd day potty training I wouldn't be so quick to put him back in nappies, I'd give it at least 2 weeks.

:)