PDA

View Full Version : Term time only

atmkids
08-09-2010, 10:52 AM
At present all of my mindees have term time only contracts. This suits me fine as I love spending the holidays with my own kids but if I had an enquiry for the holidays I would probably take it as the money would be useful.

With this in mind do you think it would be wrong of me to have my foreign holiday in June next year which is when we usually go? The parents wouldn't be able to take the time off so would need to make alternative arrangements. I feel as though it would be selfish of me but we really can't afford and don't want to go in August.

caz3007
08-09-2010, 11:06 AM
I do term time only and ad hoc in the holidays but last year I had to take a week during termtime and gave lots of notice. As many are afterschool the mums all helped each other out, so it wasnt too bad.

I still have written into my contracts that I take 3 weeks holidays but usually it is during the hols as my own DS is at school.

Give them lots of notice and dont see a problem

The Juggler
08-09-2010, 01:18 PM
at the end of the day they are already getting 13 weeks payment free with a term-time contract so I'm sure they could afford to find alternative care for 2 weeks during term-time as long as you give plenty of notice.:)

merry
08-09-2010, 01:27 PM
As long as you give them the proper amount of notice, you're entitled to have your holidays whenever you want. My children are grown up now so we're not tied to school holidays and next year I'm intending to take at least one of my holidays in term time so we can go away when it's cheaper.

:)

atmkids
09-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Thanks for your advice. I'm hoping to book as soon as Easyjet bring out next years timetable so they'd have plenty of notice.

littletreasures
09-09-2010, 08:48 PM
All my kids are term-time only (teacher parents) and pay me 1/2 fee during the school holidays as a retainer.

My nephew is getting married in Tobago next March and I originally said to hubby I won't go as it would mean at least 3 of my parents having a problem as they don't have family near by.

Hubby has booked the hotel and his flight and said to me again last night he wishes I was going as well. Anyway, I thought what the hell. I asked 2 of my parents today would it cause a problem if I took the week off. One said the other half can get her Mum down to look after them. The other said "Go, we will sort something out. Your're not to miss it"

So, I will be booking my flight at the weekend and going to Tobago on my birthday for the wedding :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

So, I think as long as you give them plenty of notice, they can't do much about it!!