PDA

View Full Version : accident prone

VINASOL
08-09-2010, 10:33 AM
my new mindee S (3 1/2) is SO accident prone. She's had quite a few minor accidents since being with me. She can quite easily fall off a chair that she's sitting on; will slip over whilst walking up the road; in fact she falls over ALL the time.

So, my question is, do I write down every incident in the accident book? I'm reluctant to, as it makes me sound like a bad CM.

I've spoken to her mum about it, and she says that she always falls over...most times now whilst walking she holds my hand and i've saved her a few times....it's a little hard work.

She doesn't really listen to me either which I'm finding frustrating; askign her to stop (i.e. if i see a danger) she will ignore me!

Anyone got any suggestions?

bexcee
08-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Yes I think you do need to note every incident and/or accident. It may be that she has a balance problem and your records and notes will help in the diagnosis of this.

Has mum spoken to her hv or gp about it? Might be nothing to worry about but would be worth getting her checked over imo.

Mykidsrock
08-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Just a suggestion, but have a look at her feet when she walks. I noticed with a child (as did the nursery she was attending also) that as she walked her feet started to curve in and with every step, the curve got worse - eventually she was literally tripping over her own feet and falling over lots. I had a chat with the parent (as did the nursery) and she was taken to the GP who has since referred her for tests. Yet to look at her you would not think there was a problem as her feet are at the right angle etc until she walks, then they just curve in.

Is it worse when she is wearing shoes or is it always the same -could be that her shoes are uncomfortable and therefore she alters how she walks and then falls? Just a suggestion.

I would certainly keep a note of every time she has a bump or falls on the just in case scenario and as someone else said, it may help with a diagnosis should she need to be seen by a medical professional.

xx