PDA

View Full Version : environmental health kitchen check

lisaleanneevans
07-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Hi ya ive got my environmental health check on friday, any tips or information would be much appreciated thanks.x:)

Straws
08-09-2010, 06:50 AM
They were in and out in less than 5 minutes, they just asked how i made sure things like sausages were cooked had a look in my fridge to make sure all the items were in date and correctly stored and tested the temperature to make sure it was correct. asked about how i wipe work surfaces and chopping boards that was it really.

Straws xx

lisaleanneevans
08-09-2010, 07:20 AM
Thank you for that, i hope mine is that quick, bet it isnt. x:panic:

bexcee
08-09-2010, 09:24 AM
I have been minding over two years now and not had a check. Is it just in certain areas or do they just randomly check a few?

Sorry no help to you but good luck and hope it goes ok.

lisaleanneevans
08-09-2010, 11:12 AM
thank you, ive been childminding 3years and this is my first check so not really sure how they decide who to check but im so pleased its me?????????? NOT.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gigglinggoblin
08-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Mine took 2 hours and was really thorough. Went through fridge, asked loads of questions. Just be prepared and you will be fine.

karensmart4
08-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Mine took about half an hr. checked my policies, asked what I use to clean surfaces, how do I clean toys. do i record fridge temperatures.. thats about it really, he had a general look around the kitchen.

He was nice and friendly, I have been cming for 8 years and this was my first inspection, he did say it should be done every 18mths.

Don't worry about it, it's not like an Ofsted inspection or anything like that :)