PDA

View Full Version : give me some positive vibes please

terrydoo73
07-09-2010, 07:59 PM
I know we all have bad days and I think I am just trying to put things in perspective.

I have twin mindees just 3 days a week for 30 hours total. I know I am not charging enough but if I have another child it would certainly relieve the money pressure it is putting on me at present. I really do not want to approach mum for more money as she does supply all food etc but it is just the length of the days every day - 8 am to 6 pm.

I have decided to try and get out every morning they are here but today when I went to a toddler group I felt guilty the whole time as I seemed to be spending most of my time saying no don't do that, stop, wait, watch etc etc. My twins have never really been out in company just had each other so are used to pushing, pulling snatching etc etc. I was conscious of being watched by parents and had the feeling of some saying "I wouldn't want her as my childminder!"

How can I be more positive in myself and feel I am doing things right? I do not see an immediate solution to having another child so really have to knuckle down and get on with what I currently have if only my mind could adjust too!!

Mookins
07-09-2010, 08:05 PM
it would be a totally different story if you werent telling them these things, you would soon be getting some negative vibes...

theyll get used to it themore they go, dont be so hard on yourself, if you werent a great childminder you ouldnt have any mindees

xx

terrydoo73
07-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Thanks Jennie. I think I just need to have that feeling of being accepted by the group.

Also my problem is the current mindees have been with me for 1 1/2 years and the previous one who left in June to start school was with me for 4 years!! So I guess I must be doing something right when they have stayed with me so long!

Just don't know whether to stay with childminding or to consider something else that would give me better hours and a bit more money.