PDA

View Full Version : really good premises risk assessment download

jumpinjen
07-09-2010, 06:35 PM
http://www.southglos.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/012C965D-047A-4E79-90A9-9883D3DAF0CC/0/CYP090022.pdf

Hi... I found this while looking for a more shorthand way of doing my annual RA and found this... I think it's great (not sure about the 'adult material' section though;) ) I'm going to add data handling to it this year as well given all the posts laetly about digital information!

jen x

Heaven Scent
07-09-2010, 07:38 PM
Took a quick look it does look good OK Thanks for that.

Carpet Monkeys
07-09-2010, 07:40 PM
I've used that as a guideline for my own risk assessment, just trying to find some pointers on school run, got blonde brain moment going on right now!

jumpinjen
07-09-2010, 07:45 PM
For school run I thought about each road we would walk down and cross (busy, lots of parked cars restricting view, narrow path, uneven slabs, crossing patrol, lights to cross by etc) then I thought about the safety equipment I used for the run (buggy, buggy board etc) then i thought about the extra things that could go wrong (dog mess, broken glass, icy puddles, bin day, dogs walking by that could be snappy, bicycles on the path etc),

I listed them, what I was doing about them and what i could action about them and update it every twelve months or when school run changes... I RA'd it with my current mindees in mind.

HTH, Jen x

linda2girls
07-09-2010, 08:30 PM
I also used this as a template for my risk assessments.

I'm also struggling with my risk assessments for outings. I've done a general one for going out in the car, and a general one for walking but haven't started on each particular outing.

Linda.

Carpet Monkeys
07-09-2010, 08:36 PM
For school run I thought about each road we would walk down and cross (busy, lots of parked cars restricting view, narrow path, uneven slabs, crossing patrol, lights to cross by etc) then I thought about the safety equipment I used for the run (buggy, buggy board etc) then i thought about the extra things that could go wrong (dog mess, broken glass, icy puddles, bin day, dogs walking by that could be snappy, bicycles on the path etc),

I listed them, what I was doing about them and what i could action about them and update it every twelve months or when school run changes... I RA'd it with my current mindees in mind.

HTH, Jen x

Great - thanks for that, luckily our walk to school is two small side roads so will adapt to fit in with our requirements

miffy
07-09-2010, 08:39 PM
I've used this as a basis for my RA's - think it's a good guide if you're just starting out.

Miffy xx

jumpinjen
07-09-2010, 08:47 PM
I've used this as a basis for my RA's - think it's a good guide if you're just starting out.

Miffy xx

How would you expand on it then Miffy.... I've written my own by hand using balnk charts for the last two years and was hoping that this would be easier on my hand and provide some thinking points.....

I think I will epand on the garden things a bit as well

jen x

jumpinjen
07-09-2010, 08:48 PM
I also used this as a template for my risk assessments.

I'm also struggling with my risk assessments for outings. I've done a general one for going out in the car, and a general one for walking but haven't started on each particular outing.

Linda.

Try this from the same place......

http://www.southglos.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/469C8F24-72F8-46AE-BA4D-7ABBF1854DED/0/CYP090021.pdf

jen x

miffy
07-09-2010, 09:05 PM
How would you expand on it then Miffy.... I've written my own by hand using balnk charts for the last two years and was hoping that this would be easier on my hand and provide some thinking points.....

I think I will epand on the garden things a bit as well

jen x

I just used it as a starting point - I don't have mine set out quite the same way. I thought it was good for making you think about what to include.

Miffy xx

linda2girls
07-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Thank you Jen, I haven't seen the outing one before.

Linda.

chibault
07-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Thanks all, v useful!:)

mama2three
08-09-2010, 07:27 AM
I use the same ones , with just a couple of extra points written in. They were recommended by my prereg inspector as the most thorough she had come across.