PDA

View Full Version : Lovely Parents

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
07-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Sadly my FIL who was like my own dad passed away on saturday after a battle with cancer (he was only 60). Thankfully we were able to be with him and say goodbye

Because he lives in bristol and i live in london I have had to take short notice time off work these pass few weeks to be with him and my MIL as she was nursing him from home.

I thought i would have an awful time with some of the parents but managed to fit them into an my emergancy childminder and they have all very understanding and extremley supportive and offered me help if needed with my own ds.

I often moan about parents but these ones have def come up trumps x

sue m
07-09-2010, 01:59 PM
So sorry to hear about your fil, so young. Only 2 years older than me. I'm so pleased the parents were understanding. You'd think they all would under such circumstances wouldn't you.

Thinking of you and your family. xx

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
07-09-2010, 02:03 PM
So sorry to hear about your fil, so young. Only 2 years older than me. I'm so pleased the parents were understanding. You'd think they all would under such circumstances wouldn't you.

Thinking of you and your family. xx

some of my parents are better than others. I had a miscarriage a while back told them and they still turned up in the morning expecting me to have their los

kindredspirits
07-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Aw thats nice - I had a similar thing when my MIL died, and although I only ended up taking 1 day off all the parents were happy for me to take as much time as needed off - as I had my own then 2 year old to consider it seemed silly to take more time off.

Blaze
07-09-2010, 03:18 PM
So sorry for your loss:( - how lovely though that your minding parents were so supportive. :)

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
07-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Obviously i spoke too soon

Just contacted my parents to say couldnt work on the 16th as thats when the funeral is. One responded with "buts thats my busiest day!"

shame i dont give a flying :censored: !

The Juggler
07-09-2010, 06:42 PM
sorry to hear your news honeyx:(

bexcee
08-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss, glad the parents were understanding at the time, am sure the one who commented on the funeral date wasn't thinking. Sounds like you went out of your way to help them find cover which you didn't need to do.