PDA

View Full Version : old childminder re inspection

karenandsmile
07-09-2010, 01:46 PM
ok guys my last inspection was before the eyfs and i got 3 goods and 2 satifactories so overal i got staisfactoy for the past 15 years before that i had always got a good what blow im not gonn let them get me this time have i got it all!!!!

posters on walls

certificate ,insurance, ofsted poster, display board for topic of the month , display board for covering all the learnig areas and a spare board for any other art work children want to display

front door

keys hamging up
parents signing in book
guests signing in book

paper work

contracts ,record forms evaluation sheets from parents policies, welcom pack risk assesments daily risk assesments fire saftey checked and done

eyfs

learning jornals
planning
longterm planing
topic board
daily diary sheets

the house

stair gates
plugs
wires
all toys checked and cleaned
the garden de weeded of any dangerous plants ie stinging nettles and brambles
all out door toys safe and clean
all locks and gates on property checked and secured

mini bus insurance up to date and for buisness

current first aid and food and hygene cert
folder full of certificates

ok guys anything else please feel free to add i so want at least a good this time or an outstanding might help if i dont have the same inspector as she only gives satisfactory and got complained and removed from our area but ive heard shes back !!!!!!!

loocyloo
11-09-2010, 05:04 PM
is everything in your first aid box in date? and out of reach of the children?

SEF?

i also had a 'wish list' of resources, courses, and ideas i want to put into action one day! !)

environmental health visit/food safety record?

good luck!

xxx

mamasheshe
11-09-2010, 07:05 PM
wow your doing loads

showing your reflective (i think the SEF covers this also visits from key worker )

funfunfun
11-09-2010, 07:57 PM
wow sounds like your prepared unlike me!!

good luck with it

linda2girls
11-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Evidence of diversity / multicultural resources.

Policies/Risk assessments dated and with a review date on.

Complaints book available.

Registered with ICO?

Individual towels in toilet/maybe a 'how to wash your hands' poster

Parental responsibility info.

Just some things I've been doing this week.
Linda.

jo f
11-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Have u any parents feedback sheets?
Any evidence of working with other settings?
Good luck for your inspection x

clorogue
11-09-2010, 08:42 PM
They really want to see communication with parents/settings - evidence of letters. Parents views on your setting. Compliments form. References. Questionnaires completed by older children. Questionnaires for parents. Also they asked me how I sustained the earth in my setting eg you recycle with children, go to recycling centre, impressed i had book from library about recycling, going green etc. Also the only recommendation I had was to be more reflective on my SEF - eg I do this with the children and it has benefitted them because.....They are really hot on child protection, knowing what to do. Do you have policies you give parents, I have mine in a folder that they sign(some I give a copy for them to keep) - wanted to know when i review them. Have you got latest poster with new phone number on. May want to see MOT cert. Also do you have all permission forms. Hope that helps.

Andrea08
12-09-2010, 01:00 PM
think that covers it all and the comments from others ...

im looking for a check list just a tick one to help my friends

good luck kk xxx