PDA

View Full Version : Before school enquiry

cs01
07-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Hi everyone

I have had my first enquiry for a before school place for an 8 year old. Parent needs to drop child off at 8am and I need to take child to school (which happens to be my own children's school).

Re paperwork, assume need to do a contract and child record forms but nothing else?

Not sure what to charge. Was thinking about charging £6 (average hourly rate for this area is £5.50). What do you think?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts :)

bexcee
07-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Don't forget permission forms, emergency medical treatment etc.

I charge £5 for a school run and up to an hour's care, my normal rate is £4 an hour.

ourmadhouse
07-09-2010, 01:26 PM
I got asked the same thing today!
only mine was a 7.30 am start. . . (wasnt overly excited by this but work is work)

Mine was for one 8 year old and a rolling five I said £15 for the two of them :rolleyes: like you im unsure about prices

mama2three
07-09-2010, 02:52 PM
I charge £7 for before school for a 7 year old ... any less and its not worth doing imo..

cs01
07-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Well I replied to say £7.50 and they want to meet me tomorrow! Thought they would run a mile at that price.

angeldelight
08-09-2010, 07:15 AM
Well I replied to say £7.50 and they want to meet me tomorrow! Thought they would run a mile at that price.

Good luck today

Hope you get the job , keep us posted

Angel xx

snufflepuff
08-09-2010, 07:18 AM
I charge £7 for a child to come to me at 8 (that's earlier than contracted but lets not go there!) and i take him to school. He is my only schoolie so i have to take 2 toddlers the hour round walk in all weathers for £7! I have also had to turn down work because i can't get a third under 5 year old to the school and back- too far for them to walk or stand on buggy board. Not worth it, hence thinking about giving notice. If i had a child in school already it would make much more sense!

bexcee
08-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Hope it all goes well when they meet you.

cs01
08-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Well my meeting with parent seemed to go very well today. Should they decide to go ahead, do you think I need to use one of my NCMA contracts or do you think I could get away with writing up one of my own.

I have said that I will only charge for the mornings they use me, so if Dad can take him or if child is sick then they won't need me and I won't charge them. I have said payment needs to be weekly in advance and we have both agreed 1 weeks notice is fine. Neither of us want to be too committed to this arrangement it seems!

I would always use official paperwork for bigger contracts but seems a bit unnecessary for this little enquiry. What do you all think?

mama2three
08-09-2010, 03:51 PM
I used a full contract.
Mum of my mindee tells me each month what she will need for the following month. Once these hours are booked in and paid for they arent refundable , for example if the child is sick. I only charge for mornings they need , which varies each month , but dont want to be messed around . as with all contracts child sickness etc is payable in full.

cs01
10-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Parent decided to go with someone slightly cheaper and closer. Oh well, it was worth a try. Tbh, it would have been a real juggling act trying to get everyone to school in between mindees arriving before and after school drop off whereas at the moment my friend or my husband can take my children to school for me if I need them to. This would not have been an option if I had taken on this child.

miffy
10-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Parent decided to go with someone slightly cheaper and closer. Oh well, it was worth a try. Tbh, it would have been a real juggling act trying to get everyone to school in between mindees arriving before and after school drop off whereas at the moment my friend or my husband can take my children to school for me if I need them to. This would not have been an option if I had taken on this child.

Sounds like it has worked out for the best, all things considered.

Miffy xx