PDA

View Full Version : Stressful morning.

em29
07-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Well this morning was the first morning of our new childminder session at the nearest surestart centre. It entails 10 mins walk to bus stop, 10 min bus journey, 5 min walk to group. I had two 17 mth olds in double buggy and a 23 mth old who walks (his mum says he walks everywhere). well it turned into a night mare!! Bus drivers are awful! They just drove off before I had parked the pushchair, poor mindee fell over (and my friends mindees) and I had to shout at him to stop and wait!! He just grunted. The session was really good, lots of play, but same scenario on bus on way home and then bus driver didn't pull in close to pavement and I really struggled to get off with everyone and the big gap! I am so angry and stressed with everyone just watching and no one helping at all and the bus driver just looking the other way. I wanted to cry and the ground to open up and swallow me...Why are we made to feel bad if we have a pushchair or shock horror and double buggy and a child?
Then my mindee cried and screamed all the way walking, I tried to carry him and push one handed...I really stressed!
I am normally very practical and calm but I have only just started with 2 toddlers all at once and this morning made me want to give up.

I cannot face the bus journey again but I am helping to set up this childminder hub and people are relying on me and the centre is amazing!

Tina O
07-09-2010, 12:07 PM
First off I would write to bus company and complain about the bus driver, okay they no longer help you on and off buses, health and safety cr*p if you ask me, but not to wait until children are settled and to cause them to fall and then be too far away from curb for safety in unacceptable. you may not get a reply but I might make you feel better to express your 'concern' at the lack of respect....

For the other walking problem, I have one who also walks everywhere so mum says (yeah right!) ..... can you fit a buggy board onto double buggy.

Other ideas would be a taxi, might be more money but is it worth it for less stree, door to door service. xx

lou lou
07-09-2010, 12:08 PM
i no how you feel i just had a stressful walk to drop off 3 mindees to playschool my daughter who is nearly four was being really awkward she kept saying she was not going and stopping then the others would run off and then to top it off i said to her mind that dog pooh dont stand in it and she said i am going to and so she did!!! now i am sat here on my own for a couple of hours and just chill before it starts again when i pick them up hope you are having a nice cup of tea to calm yourself

em29
07-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Thanks tina and lou lou - well I will be getting a buggy board but I thought that it would make life more difficult on the bus with it sticking out? I hate feeling like no one wants us on the bus - public transport is there for precisely the like of us (young children) and the elderly - people that cannot walk long distances! My heart is still pounding!
I will also look into making a complaint as it is not on that they do not even wait for me to park a pushchair and make a 2 and 3 year old fall to the floor. And then a massive gap - the pushchair hardly reached to the pavement..
Anyway, I will have a tea soon. Need it! No biscuits though....I have to lose weight and that makes me very tearful!!lol:(

wellybelly
07-09-2010, 12:42 PM
I'd have said something to the bus driver - make a point next time of asking for his id number! You are paying to travel so they should meet your needs!

You might mind it's been one of those days today and next time it will be more enjoyable. Don't give up!

The Juggler
07-09-2010, 01:27 PM
poor you. could you walk all the way if you had the buggy board on, that might be easier except in the rain hon.

Loulou your dd sounds just like mine:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I'd've made her clean her own shoe:angry: :angry:

Are there no groups nearer to you?

Pipsqueak
07-09-2010, 01:44 PM
complain to the bus company - in writing.

this happened to me - I was heavily pregnant, had my toddler son, buggy and some shopping. struggled onto the bus, paid the huffing driver, struggled to get the buggy in the designated area at the same time keeping hold of my son. everyone just watched. the bus jerked away and I fell - on top of my son and the buggy followed on top of me. ONE woman from the back of the bus flew down to help me and screamed at the driver to stop. Thankfully no damage to me or my son - just a bit of bruising to my back. My goodness did the woman give the driver and those sat staring at me a mouthful. Apparently they are supposed to be 'considerate' to those still standing on the bus and should in theory be waiting for those to be seated or stood safety - hence the reason they don't like you walking down the bus before its stops.

The bus company were most apologetic and I got a free bus pass (which I gave to my neighbour). The driver was sent for re-training - apparently.

From what I can see last time I used the bus there is stil no consideration of people still standing.