PDA

View Full Version : Is this OK, do you think?

VINASOL
07-09-2010, 10:15 AM
My DD and Mindee S are both really very tired today (S looks particularly tired with dark circles under her eyes and bags too) and they want to watch TV.

So, what I've said is that they can 'rest' and watch 10 minutes of TV (i.e. one episode of Humf) and then carry on playing and will let them have a couple of hours play and see how I get on.

It's like they need a nap but S isn't allowed one and my DD is used to 'resting' (usually half hour of TV in one go) during the day too.

Do you think this is OK?

haribo
07-09-2010, 10:19 AM
My DD and Mindee S are both really very tired today (S looks particularly tired with dark circles under her eyes and bags too) and they want to watch TV.

So, what I've said is that they can 'rest' and watch 10 minutes of TV (i.e. one episode of Humf) and then carry on playing and will let them have a couple of hours play and see how I get on.

It's like they need a nap but S isn't allowed one and my DD is used to 'resting' (usually half hour of TV in one go) during the day too.

Do you think this is OK?

yes ..why not ? or a quiet time looking at books on the sofa and if s drops off to sleep for a bit he/she must need it !

Pipsqueak
07-09-2010, 10:56 AM
sounds perfectly fine to me.
if you were tired you'd rest and I think for the sake of a 'rest' then its better that than overtired and crabby kids - (shudders....)

wellybelly
07-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Absolutley fine - you are simply following the childs needs. If my lot are tired after a long walk home from school, in the rain or cold weather, all activities / planning goes out the window and a dvd goes on. All parents I work with are aware of my flexible planning to allow for childrens moods / motivation / tiredness. I feel I am simply meeting their needs.

bexcee
07-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Yes I think that's fine, no point forcing them to do active play if all they want to do if chill out. Maybe try a craft activity later, playdough or something. If they are not interested though just read some books or watch a film together.

kindredspirits
07-09-2010, 02:09 PM
i often put the TV on at quiet spells during the day - the younger ones fall asleep and my son just chills on the sofa - sometimes for up to an hour. They are stimulated the rest of the time so I think it does them good to have some time just to unwind a bit.

mama2three
07-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Thats exactly what my lot are doing atm. have had a fairly exhausting day in the forest , are filthy and tired ..and are now glued to handy manny! So i get 5 minutes forum fix too!!