PDA

View Full Version : My mindee starts nursery!

Beckieboo
07-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Hi everyone,

Im a little confused (not hard i know) my mindee started nursery yesterday (this is his pre school year) I know i need to give the nursery a form for permission to share information, but do i need to give them any EYFS info regarding my mindee? I have my observations and an EYFS summary booklet? What do you guys give new setting regarding your mindees?

Thanks Beckie

mama2three
07-09-2010, 04:28 PM
it depends on the setting and how willing they are to work alongside you.
I give them a letter introducing myself , and mention eyfs and how settings are required to work together , asking for the procedure they have in place to ensure they and I can continue to work within eyfs guidelines. I ask for copies of any newsletters too , and offer mine.

One nursery has been brilliant - I have planning and have seen mindees 'star book' , they have been happy to include things from my file on her development records etc..

Another has never even acknowledged me! Parents get a letter each half term with their planning on , and they copy it for me.

karenandsmile
07-09-2010, 04:33 PM
same here some nurseries welcom me with open arms other dont even bother with me as i found out this week our topic is animals this month went to take mindee to school and guess what they are doing it too i may have picked something else if i had known

And i did make a comment as i left and they said they would get me a list of what they are up to for the next year

i even have a cleaner in the afternoons that works in a pre school in the mornings and grills me for ideas every time she comes round lol and borrows my resorces lol