PDA

View Full Version : All about me theme

newminder
06-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Started minding today and have decided to do ALL ABOUT ME.
I am minding a 12 month old and unsure of how to include her in the proceedings.

I have thought about the songs head shoulders knees and toes, and this little piggy went to market.
Am I looking along the right lines or am I way off

Any help gratefully received.

Shell

Tina O
07-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Congtrats on starting and good luck xx

what you are doing sounds great, perhaps the 12mths old can have a mirror and play where's my eye's, nose, mouth, etc.... as it's the first day can you take hand prints and then in say 6mths do them again and see how much they have grown, get them to lie down on big paper and draw round them then again in a few months and see size differnce, height chart ..... just have fun x:D

newminder
07-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Thank you Tina, your suggestions are fantastic.:clapping:
I always worry that I am not doing things correctly :blush:

Shell

Tina O
07-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Don't worry too much about right and wrong, as long as you are supporting the kids and have a happy, safe enviroment you wont go far wrong. Sometimes you will have everything planned and activities ready and the kids will take you off in another direction all together..... don't be afraid to try new things or stop something if it isn't working out. flexibility is the key xx

sarah707
07-09-2010, 05:09 PM
I do not plan themed activities for under 3s although the little ones usually want to join in with what the older children are doing.

For little ones it's more about following their interests :D

Mouse
07-09-2010, 05:13 PM
What about taking photos of her doing different things around your home (playing, eating, sleeping, on the school run etc), laminate the photos & make them into a little book for her to look at.

Older children can do something similar, but they could take photos of each other, draw pictures, write a little bit.

jumpinjen
07-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Getting some family photos from home to put up in a display are nice for all about me... there's a link somewhere for an 'all about me' book where you can add favourite food, toy etc.....

try the search facility on the site

jen x

newminder
07-09-2010, 06:50 PM
lol.....Tina you'd have creased yourself laughing, I tried to get her to lie on paper so I could draw round her, she was having none of it....

I tried the search box for all about me and nothing came up :(