PDA

View Full Version : A bit upset

snufflepuff
06-09-2010, 05:43 PM
It's a bit of a long story but i had a chat today with a parent and it turns out a mutual friend has been bad-mouthing me! The parent said she had been talking to our 'friend' about her LOs behaviour and said that she feels like she is doing something wrong because the child is awful with her but well behaved with me. The mutual friend said i was probably lying to try and make her feel bad and that LO is probably a nightmare for me too. She said maybe i don't want to admit that i can't control her either!
At first i thought how very childish of her, i reassured the parent that i would never lie to her and if there were issues with LO it would be in everyone's best interests for me to bring it up so we can come up with a solution together.
But now i feel quite angry. How dare she question my professionalism like that! She is calling me a liar which i am not. Im certainly not in the habit of trying to make people feel bad. And how dare she say such a thing to the poor parent, who has been suffering with depression so may well have been really upset by it. Who knows what she is saying to other people about me!
:angry:

Alibali
06-09-2010, 05:47 PM
I don't think she's been bad mouthing you, rather just trying to reassure Mum? Information tends to get mixed up and can sometimes be misinterpreted?

Tina O
06-09-2010, 05:50 PM
'Mutual friend' doesn't sound like much of a friend to me!

As long as you are clear with the parent, don't worry about other people. xx

snufflepuff
06-09-2010, 05:53 PM
I don't think she's been bad mouthing you, rather just trying to reassure Mum? Information tends to get mixed up and can sometimes be misinterpreted?
That's what i said to parent- maybe she was just trying to make you feel better- but parent said it certainly didn't come across like that, she thought it just sounded like a dig at me, and it's not the first time things have been said either.

singlewiththree
06-09-2010, 06:55 PM
At least the parent has spoken to you about it and you are still minding the child. I had it before the holidays and the parent decided to believe the woman and took the child out.

Mookins
06-09-2010, 07:03 PM
mmm....try and rise above it hun...either that or scratch her eyes out;)

xx

miffy
06-09-2010, 07:08 PM
As long as you are sorted with the parent I'd try and forget about it (not easy though I know).

Miffy xx