PDA

View Full Version : Voluntary Register

carebear25
06-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Hi

At present im not the voluntary register so not able to mind for over 8's.

Had a enquiry last week and have been in contact with mum but then suddenly thought how do I go about changing my registration and how long will it take.

Has any1 else recently changed their registration to include the voluntary register, if so what did you have to do and how long did it take. Did you have to have a inspection.

mama2three
06-09-2010, 12:55 PM
I havent any experience of changing , but surely as its a 'voluntary' register then you dont have to be on it to mind over 8s. Someone may know different , but thats always been my understanding..

carebear25
06-09-2010, 12:59 PM
I havent any experience of changing , but surely as its a 'voluntary' register then you dont have to be on it to mind over 8s. Someone may know different , but thats always been my understanding..

I thinkin I need to register on it if parent claiming tax credits...

suchagoodgirl
06-09-2010, 04:48 PM
I'm not sure I understand how you're not on it already. As I understood, Ofsted automatically register childminders on all three registers unless the minder specifically requests otherwise. Given that I didn't have to do anything to be on it I don't see why you should need to do anything else.
Besides, ofsted inspections are only interested in the under 8s care anyhow.

sarah707
06-09-2010, 05:01 PM
You are right if parents want to claim tax credits then you need to be on the register.

I'd ring and check with Ofsted as I don't know anyone who has added a register.

Don't forget if you are on the voluntary register you must meet the different qualification requirements :D

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=66322