PDA

View Full Version : Hey I got a compliment!

desiderata
06-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Yesterday I was in my local shop when I bumped into a lady whos child I had briefly after school about three years ago. ( that child is 10 now) Well she came up to me in front of a big queue of people and asked if I am still childminding. I replied "Yes" Oh good she said Im pregnant again. I want you to have the baby when I go back to work. She then turned to my d (20) and said "Oh you have grown up havent you " You are beautiful just like your mom"

I replied "Im not beautiful" then she said " Yes you are inside and out - thats the only reason I left my child with you and why I want you to have this one."

I went very red as Im not use to complitments but I thought it was lovely of her to say this. It makes the bad things go away for a whilex

Mookins
06-09-2010, 09:38 AM
thats so lovely...bless her heart and well done you

xxxx

little chickee
06-09-2010, 09:40 AM
What a lovely thing for her to say - and to say it in public too!!!

peanuts
06-09-2010, 09:49 AM
one of my mums of the new mindee i have has just text me to say lo gave dad a row for picking her up early as she has fun at my house and doesnt want to go.

tinynippers
06-09-2010, 09:56 AM
:D :D :D that was lovely :D :D :D

nemo97
06-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Thats lovely :thumbsup: Why can't all
parents be like that.

desiderata
06-09-2010, 10:24 AM
The ones I have at the moment arnt. So hope I can manage a space for when she wants one.xx

sarahlorraine73
06-09-2010, 04:56 PM
How nice is that!! And I'm sure you are beautiful, both inside and out, you need to be a very special sort of person to be able to help all these little ones grow into independent people x Best Wishies x