PDA

View Full Version : Is it okay to wear nail varnish when minding?

phoebe-alice
05-09-2010, 06:15 PM
As I've only just started to wear nail varnish and just wondered is it actually okay to wear it while minding?

I think it should be but I'm unsure so it would be good to have your advise. :rolleyes:

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon Phoebe x x

Mouse
05-09-2010, 06:20 PM
I always wear nail varnish on fingers & toes. I even put it on for mindees if parents don't mind.

The little ones love to see what colour I'm wearing :clapping:

hollyoaksmad
05-09-2010, 06:23 PM
In nurseries and other settings they dont like you to wear it but as its your own setting your the bossx

chels55
05-09-2010, 06:23 PM
my 2 year old mindee (a boy) often comes wearing nail varnish, he had black last week!

phoebe-alice
05-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Thanks for all your replies they are a big help at least I know I'm alright now, just its my inspection soon and didn't want my officer to mention it. :blush:

Just with all the food hygene and everything sometimes I'm like ahh what can and can't I do hehe!

Thanks alot guys, Phoebe x x

Alibali
05-09-2010, 08:02 PM
I did a REHIS infection control course on Saturday, and their advice is no nail varnish, but I think they do the same course for health workers etc so don't think it would be as bad for us.

little chickee
06-09-2010, 10:06 AM
i hope its ok cos i always wear it on fingers and toes and im quite often barefoot in the house. Cant really think why not.

manjay
06-09-2010, 10:30 AM
It's not considered good practice from a food hygiene point of view just the same as false nails. I guess there is a chance some of it will end up in whatever you are making.

sarahlorraine73
06-09-2010, 09:01 PM
It's not considered good practice from a food hygiene point of view just the same as false nails. I guess there is a chance some of it will end up in whatever you are making.

Would have to agree with you on this, making pastry or something with the lo for their lunch and nail varnish peels off into the pastry!

Tinglesnark
06-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Would have to agree with you on this, making pastry or something with the lo for their lunch and nail varnish peels off into the pastry!

:laughing:
what nail varnish do you use?

sweets
06-09-2010, 09:21 PM
easy, just buy ready rolled pastry! :laughing: :laughing:

Pipsqueak
06-09-2010, 10:08 PM

I suppose though a bit of flakey varnish will give added flavour to the snot and other bodily fluids that occasionally get added in by the kids lol

eeuwwwww - can you imagine crunching down on a false nail eewwwwww

actually, reminds me a colleague friend opened a can of value peas and found a snail..... gross

honey
07-09-2010, 08:59 AM
one CM i know wears long false fingernails with nail polish on!!!!!

Hebs
07-09-2010, 10:09 AM
I dont wear nail varnish as it makes me feel clostrophobic!

sweets
07-09-2010, 12:06 PM

sorry hebs but thats hilarious! :laughing: :laughing:

how on earth can wearing nail varnish make you feel clostrophobic?

Hebs
07-09-2010, 04:21 PM
sorry hebs but thats hilarious! :laughing: :laughing:

how on earth can wearing nail varnish make you feel clostrophobic?

i have no idea, but even clear nail varnish makes me feel the same...... its awful :panic:

karenandsmile
07-09-2010, 04:29 PM
why i dont know but all i seem to childmind is girls atm and an after school activity is painting each other nails and make up too i look a mess by the end of it and greet the parents with their art work on my face lol

Boris
07-09-2010, 05:00 PM

Ha I get this too! It's like my nails are suffercating. Horrible feeling! Thought I was the only one x

Hebs
07-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Ha I get this too! It's like my nails are suffercating. Horrible feeling! Thought I was the only one x

yeahy :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

glad it's not just me :D

Tinglesnark
07-09-2010, 05:05 PM
classic!

sweets
07-09-2010, 05:41 PM
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1: thats just weird!

Joannechildmind
07-09-2010, 06:04 PM
i have noticed my toe nails are turning a yellowy colour under my nail polish yuk!!!! does anyone know if its cos i always have nail polish on them and they cant breath???

Tinglesnark
07-09-2010, 06:53 PM
i have noticed my toe nails are turning a yellowy colour under my nail polish yuk!!!! does anyone know if its cos i always have nail polish on them and they cant breath???

Always put a base coat on first, ts just the colour staining tis all x

Mookins
07-09-2010, 08:00 PM

or a fungal infection;) :D

xx

julie w
07-09-2010, 10:26 PM
I suppose though a bit of flakey varnish will give added flavour to the snot and other bodily fluids that occasionally get added in by the kids lol

eeuwwwww - can you imagine crunching down on a false nail eewwwwww

actually, reminds me a colleague friend opened a can of value peas and found a snail..... grossyou also find that making pastry really cleans your nails well. handy tip. lol.:ROFL1:

phoebe-alice
09-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Hehe loving all the funny posts. :thumbsup:

But no nearer to finding out if it will be okay but I'll email my care commission officer just to make sure! Don't want her coming for the inspection and having something to say about it haha, thanks everybody for your replies.

Phoebe x x

LOOPYLISA
09-09-2010, 09:43 AM
Good job im no longer c minding

I have long nails, polish the lot :D

Joanne- try a base coat, its the colour staining thats all x

Joannechildmind
09-09-2010, 09:54 AM
or a fungal infection;) :D

xx

:eek: yuk no def not that but thanks :panic: