PDA

View Full Version : What information would you take from a childs' previous learning journey?

venus89
05-09-2010, 03:29 PM
I have to hand it back tomorrow and I'm not sure what, if anything, I should do with the information in it :blush:

watgem
05-09-2010, 04:19 PM
perhaps you could note down any predominant interests, schemas,where the child is doing well and where the child needs more support, freindships etc. would the parents be willing to let you continue this learning journey? it would make a lovely record, and although your part of it might be recorded differrently it would show a continuation iyswim?

sarah707
05-09-2010, 05:06 PM
I recently received a child's LJ from their previous childminder.

I did a transition sheet of useful information which I could show led to future planning opportunities.

So the previous minder had a photo of him standing up holding onto the sofa... I followed this up with comments and a pic of him walking.

Is that what you had in mind? :D

venus89
05-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Thank you both.
The LO is starting preschool on Tuesday too having recently moved here, and thus left an old preschool, so the LJ goes back to Mum tomorrow but what you suggest is spot on - it's showing that I've looked at it and used it to inform my planning.