PDA

View Full Version : OMG some people

tinynippers
05-09-2010, 01:15 PM
really annoyed and carnt believe some people!!!

i'm hopeing to be set up real soon (after taking 1yr & 1 month for inspection) so i thought id have sort of an open day (which was today 10am -2:30pm) i had a room with different activities going on that i'll provide while childminding i had a table full of some of the different snacks/meals i'll be giving the children. just thought it would be good for any parents consdering using me as a childminder to see what i have to offer, i had 3 familys come along the cjhildren played with my 2 children while parens stayed and had a chat with me i gave a couple of leaflets out. so in all a very good idea. well untill

about 3pm (i'm in cyprus so 2 hours ahead of uk just so not to confuse) a family turned up (mum dad & 2year old) i was just sat down with a cuppa and my 2 were watching telly (which i dont normally allow too often but they'd been soo good all day) and with being in cyprus i do have front door open most of the time.

well anyway this family turned up just walked in, first thing woman said to husband was

"told you this is all childminders do!"

my reply " hang on a minute my open day finshed half an hour ago and you've just walked straight into my house without knocking"

she just looked at me and then said " come on we're going your house is filthy and a disgrace anyway, my son ain't coming here!"

i was shocked!! and must admit im rather upset about it.

my house is not always tidy (for starters theres been 10 children in my house today thats without the adults) but it is always clean. iygwim.

its amazing how it only takes one person and a few minutes to make you feel like :censored: after feeling so great.

i know i shouldn't let it get to me especially as the 3 family early were so nice and the children were all amazing considering how many there were here all at one go.

anyway sorry rant now over.

teacake2
05-09-2010, 01:19 PM
You don't want those type of people anyway, you know what your house is like and you deserve a cuppa after doing a very worthwhile job and showing genuine people what you aim to do.
A good escape.
Teacake2

watgem
05-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Don't let her get to you, there are some lovely parents and children around:)

Mookins
05-09-2010, 02:02 PM
oooh what a moo

cobblers to her, silly ole bag, i hope she trips in her flipflops

grrrr

big hugs
xx

Pipsqueak
05-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Repeat to self -

that woman is a silly cow

c'mon repeat some more until you feel better:D

Ripeberry
05-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Just think of it as a lucky escape! Don't need parents like that. Why did they turn up so late anyway....nutters :mad:

tinynippers
05-09-2010, 03:37 PM
Repeat to self -

c'mon repeat some more until you feel better:D

it does actually sort of work, lol well at least put a smile on my face. :)

The Juggler
05-09-2010, 05:33 PM
oooh what a moo

cobblers to her, silly ole bag, i hope she trips in her flipflops

grrrr

big hugs
xx

ditto! you don't want to work with people like that. she probably has cleaner to do all her housework and doesn't touch dirt. what good is worrying about dirt if you work with kids!

em29
05-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Oh some people know how to get to you don't they! What a b***h!
I have a little story (bit off topic) where I was re homing my dog due to a few issues I was having. A couple came at 9.00 o'clock in the evening to see him and came in one at a time whilst other sat in car with kids. They said he was lovely and let me know in the morning.
Well He rang and launched into me telling me the dog was mal-nourished and in a dreadful state with his hair falling out (moult) and verbally attacked me! I felt sick and still do now when I think of it!

The negative things get to us so much because we are trying to do our best - the fact that you are worried about what that woman said goes to show you are nothing like that! Just try to forget about it - but it is so hard when people are so personal!!
xxxxx

fluffysocks
06-09-2010, 08:38 PM
the stupid woman!!!! if your house was pristine 24/7 then the children are not going to be well rounded individuals!!

grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its ok i have parents that arrive 20 minutes early without prior warning and then point out my garden still has the dogs mess in it., I let it go the first couple of times, then i got cross and pointed out that if they had not arrived early then instead of welcoming them and their children I would be cleaning my garden and getting my daughters hair plaited for school ready for mindees to arrive at 8am as contracted.

strangely they havent been early since....guess they would prefer me to do those jobs in my time rather than them paying me the early drop off fee to do those jobs anyways!

bexcee
07-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Don't let that family get to you, sounds like the first three families were impressed so hope you are able to start caring for the children soon.