PDA

View Full Version : Multicultural dressing up outfits

Madame Gazelle
05-09-2010, 11:27 AM
What outfits do you have and where did you get them from? I only have a chinese dress and some headscarves from a mindees mum. I would love to have lots of outfits but as soon as you stick multicultural into a search engine the prices go right up. :panic:

joshie
05-09-2010, 11:45 AM
I got 2 multicultural outfits off ebay for about £3 each, inc postage! :D

I LURVE EBAY!!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Madame Gazelle
05-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Ohhhh Joshie, what a bargain! What did you get?!

PixiePetal
05-09-2010, 12:44 PM
keep a lookout for 'sbs-educational' online when they have their sales - I have had a few bargains from them - have to watch the postage and VAT gets added too. Also GALT.

ebay, charity shops (I also got cinderella, belle and snow white :thumbsup: ), car boot sales?

jo f
05-09-2010, 03:42 PM
sari's are very easily made by wrapping material and tying round a child- look great and can be used for allsorts!!

Chatterbox Childcare
05-09-2010, 04:02 PM
I got all mine in the SBS sale but to be honest the children make their own outfits up out of scarves, belts and all the bits I have in my box

tess1981
05-09-2010, 04:03 PM
hunt through charity shops you will be amazed what you find:thumbsup:

joshie
05-09-2010, 08:37 PM
i got a boys chinese out fit and a girls japanese outfit!! they r gorgeous, well made and lovely fabric. LOVE THEM!!!!!:D

heleng27
24-09-2010, 02:58 PM
If any friends of family go on holiday ask them to get some outfits. We have a spanish outfit, and belly dancer type outfits from Turkey.

Helcatt
24-09-2010, 04:51 PM
sbs, ebay, charity shops and nurserysurplus

Nurserysurplus.co.uk can be a bit hit and miss in what they have available but generally stuff works out to be a fraction of the price of other places

I also have a rack to hang it on I have so much now. In the basket underneath I have loads of bits of material that we can drape, or wrap around, use as a cape etc etc, so doesn't all ahve to be specific, they are so good at making stuff up for themselves

HX

funfunfun
24-09-2010, 05:14 PM
What outfits do you have and where did you get them from? I only have a chinese dress and some headscarves from a mindees mum. I would love to have lots of outfits but as soon as you stick multicultural into a search engine the prices go right up. :panic:

school surplus have some good ones i got myn from there :)

angeldelight
24-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Here is the website for nursery surplus

http://www.nurserysurplus.co.uk/products.aspx?tier1=Dressing+Up&cmd=list

Angel xx

Mouse
24-09-2010, 05:25 PM
I've got a beautiful sari that I picked up in a charity shop. I've also got chinese outfits that my son picked up in china.

If you know anyone handy with a sewing machine they could run you up something :thumbsup:

Mouse
24-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Here is the website for nursery surplus

http://www.nurserysurplus.co.uk/products.aspx?tier1=Dressing+Up&cmd=list

Angel xx

I wish people would stop posting links to that site - I HAVE to look, then end up spending a fortune ;) :laughing:

Lozza83
18-10-2010, 03:42 AM
I am struggling to find many multicultural outfits for my children's dress up box- will have to check out eBay and see what I can find :)

babs
18-10-2010, 06:52 AM
ive made mine but then my job before this was working as a machinist making childrens fancy dress outfits .....