PDA

View Full Version : moms getting childcare paid by job centre

nelly
05-09-2010, 06:08 AM
hi everyone, really dont want to be a mean childminder but one of my parents is going to get her childcare paid for by the job centre but mom is going to struggle because their payment isnt going to get to me staight away,so shes going to pay me her self until theirs comes through.she already asked if i could do with out pay until they pay me and i said no then she asked if she could pay less and owe it me.mom lives close by and shes always paid on time but that was not very much each week but now she increased her hours and its £75 a week now n thats alot to find when your on income surport.think iv read some were on here that it takes ages for the job centre to pay me so dont want to see her struggle n she keeps telling me its going to cripple her to pay that much a week.feel really guilty but mom is making me feel even more guilty.keep thinking yes ill help her because i was in the same boat my self a few years ago,but then keep thinking no because found out she went abroad for her holidays n even we havnt been able to afford any holiday this year.feel so guilty tho.

thanx for letting me moan xxx

Hebs
05-09-2010, 07:02 AM
i have a mindee who's mum is doing training through the job centre, and yes they do take a while to pay but i have agreed to wait.

the company who are paying for her childcare rang me and asked me to provide my bank details so they could pay directly into my bank, i know its a pain but i think it's unfair to expect mum to pay out of her benefits, i know i couldnt have afforded to do that

ourmadhouse
05-09-2010, 07:42 AM
I get paid via the job center :mad: i have to do five weeks work then fill a form out to say what hours iv had the lo in them five weeks then parent has to sign to say the child has been with me, and then the adviser at the job center has to sigh the form. it then gets sent off to accounts in cardif to be processed from that point it takes (at least) two weeks to get paid. The parent has held my payment up in the past due to forgetting to sign the form or returning the form to the job center :rolleyes: i now collect the form prom the parent and hand deliver the form to the job center.

this contract is finishing soon as lo will be starting full time school, i am a little glad as iv always been out of pocket for five weeks.

when the parent gave notice i asked them to sign a form stating the last date of care and that they will sign all forms needed for the job center to pay me when child has left (just to cover my back and make sure i get paid)

last day is this tuesday so ill have to wait and see how long it will be before i get my last payment

Kaz1997
29-09-2010, 07:00 PM
I am so glad I found this thread. Have just taken on my friends daughter as she too is returning to college, sounds like I will be waiting a while then for my payment.
I have heard of working a month in hand but 6 - 7 weeks is absolutely ridiculous:mad:
Oh well I guess you live and learn!

phoebe-alice
29-09-2010, 07:20 PM
I had the same issue but the mum actually eneded up to be keeping the money for herself. :angry:
I thought she was being genuine about her situation but it ended up not being so, I'd say to be very wary of the situation and if you start to doubt anything you should get in straight with them before its too late.
I didn't realise untill it bit me, leaving me with an empty purse and her with over £500 free childcare.
Just be careful as I know how much rubbish it causes and still to this day it is not sorted and this was 5 months ago, now having to go to small claims court which is really something I could have done without being as busy as I am.
Take care and hope everything comes out in the wash Phoebe x x

flowerpots
29-09-2010, 07:21 PM
i have a parent who has just gone back to work after a quite a long time being on income support, the job centre agreed to pay the first week of childcare for her (to give time to get tax credits organised). i agreed to work and wait for the money because if i hadn't, mum wouldnt have been able to return to work. the money arrived 3 weeks later :-)