PDA

View Full Version : Think my husband is about to cart me off to the funny farm

miss mopple
04-09-2010, 05:10 PM
we have just taken DD2 and the dog for a long walk in the forest. All of I sudden something caught my eye and I just had to go and investigate, much to his bewilderment. The object of interest? A lovely knarled big branch :laughing:

I insisted on bringing it home, along with a ton of pine cones and tomorrow I'm going to set about putting it in a big pot like a little tree so I can let the kids hang things from it. I'm thinking we could use it as a seasons branch and hang things that symbolise the seasons as they change :idea: What do you think?

DH thinks I have finally lost the plot but is getting into my mind slowly as he has said he will try to scavenge a big log for me from his next scout camp so the kids can use it for balancing/playing trains etc :thumbsup: Think he is finally realising resistance is futile :laughing:

Ripeberry
04-09-2010, 06:08 PM
No, that's a great idea, in autumn they could design their own 'autumn leaves' and hang them on it, then in winter cover it with cotton wool and in spring make little flowers or birds to hang on it.

Even a couple of birds nests in the crooks of the branches.

Fab idea :thumbsup:

caz3007
04-09-2010, 06:17 PM
I think its a brill idea too, so its your hubby who needs his head testing for not seeing it :D :D :D :laughing: :D :D :D

PixiePetal
04-09-2010, 06:22 PM
I think it's a great idea.:thumbsup:

We made a beanstalk in the playroom once (from tubes, cardboard and paper leaves - DH gave me the 'you are nuts' look!

loocyloo
05-09-2010, 12:43 PM
last september we made a paper tree on one of my big windows ... it has had autumn leaves, snow, birds, butterflies, blossom, easter eggs , leaves .... stuck to it, and i only took it down this august !! i loved it!

we have a vase of branches in the playroom, currently they have large flies ( ??!!! ) pinned on them!

watgem
05-09-2010, 01:52 PM
what a lovely idea:) lets face it we have to be slightly mad to do our job lol!

Chimps Childminding
06-09-2010, 08:37 PM
I think its a lovely idea, just wish I had the room :( Have thought of putting a paper tree on the wall and adding things to that, but I use my dining room for cm and I already get moaned at for the amount of "stuff" I have stuck to windows, doors, walls etc. :laughing:

bexcee
07-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me :idea: and I bet the children will love it :)