PDA

View Full Version : will i need to to still

jaytravis
05-04-2008, 11:09 AM
do all this stuff we have to do in september i have 2 kids after school which are 3 and 4 the 3yr goes to nursay at the school all day everyday and the 4 obv at school will i still need to do all the eyfs stuff as it will be done at school i only have them for 2 hrs and by thr time snacks are done and bits its not long till they go home

Pipsqueak
05-04-2008, 11:16 AM
yes you will, even if they go to another provider you have to still implement EYFS in your setting for that bracket of children

miffy
05-04-2008, 11:43 AM
I agree with Vik - terrific isn't it?????

miffy xx

sarah707
05-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Yes, it's a legal requirement :D

Heaven Scent
05-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Yes you will but it will all be relative if you only have the children fo a couple ofhours per day then thats all you can and need to plan and provide for - I'm sure it will all fit into place when it comes into play. You will need to show you are working in partnership with the other providers and embracing the work they will be doing with the children which meands you will only be expected do a little follow up work eg if they both go to different settings split half of your time covering a little about one topic nd half about the other. sing songs, tell stories etc that may loosly link with the topics - these children will be tired after their session at the other setting so it will need to be kept simple to be effective and you can perhaps do something physical like dancing etc. If one is doing something about colour then you can prepare different colour snacks ond if the other is doing around the world then incorporate that into snack time too eg or offer snacks from different parts of the world some days e.g spanish oranges - orange, english apples, green and red, bread sticks - Italian brown (well you get them on the table in italian restaurants). Noodles China - beige etc etc etc. show that you are developing language e.g words for various foods and names of countries - make it simple - ask the settings for a copy of their planning to show you are working in partnership - I can't think of anything else at the moment but most other things will have to be done the same you have to show you are following the stadards no matter what.

Will you be working enough hours to require registration?- I can't remember off hand how many hours it is but I know its not many. If not its up to you if you wish to remain registered but if you do I'm afraid you've got to follow the standards to the letter even now never mind EYFS so there you have it.

Not all that much is changing really its just the same as it is now but everything under the one umbrella and its a legal requirement with some very silly added extras that are under review - well thats how it looks to me from reading the bumph I've had so far - mainly the same thing with a new label in a new format which has managed to keep lots of people in cushie jobs for the past few years. But don't worry when this is all working well they will start on something new cause they don't want to lose their cushie jobs - BE PREPARED - and they'll dress it up all fancy just to confuse everyone

I hope this makes you feel better