PDA

View Full Version : what do you do

jaytravis
05-04-2008, 11:07 AM
any after school kids mine range from 3 to 10 just after school im finding it hard to keep them all entertained with the range in ages
any ideas

Trouble
05-04-2008, 11:42 AM
mine range from 6 1/2 months -11 1/2

i usually do craft activities
the little ones in the day so they just play

and the bigger ones get crafts to do rangeing on their age and abilities

but they spend hours rolling the ball to each other and then they build tents out of the furniture

so theirs a few ideas

Mollymop
05-04-2008, 11:44 AM
HAve you got a playstation or a wii, what about going to the park on the way home from school?

miffy
05-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Games are good for groups - the big ones can help the little ones

but often there are several things going on some might want to do crafts some will be on the computer and some outside

Give them a choice and let them decide

miffy xx

crazybones
05-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Mine range from 2 - 11 but I am lucky enough to have a playroom with the playstation and Wii in. After school they do homework, have snack, if its nice I throw them all outside if not they play with Lego, Top Trumps, PC, other games but they usually want to join in with the lo's building tracks or joining in craft stuff. We also do stuff that involves everyones input eg we made a big road safety poster and they helped lo's glue and stick and cut out.

sarah707
05-04-2008, 04:05 PM
We have a snack then they go off and play - some on the playstation, others on computers, some like to draw and do crafts, others will entertain the little ones, there's always games and other bits and bobs around to do, some like helping with tea, others don't...

They sort of spread out and get on with it... sorry not really helpful! :D

Heaven Scent
05-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Not really there yet but starting on Mon will see how things get on from here on.

Celine