PDA

View Full Version : why do i keep getting the oddballs?

Tinglesnark
04-09-2010, 09:45 AM
:panic:

these people - the odd balls just seem to head directly for me :rolleyes:

i must have a d:censored: d magnet installed in my forehead!

:panic:

i have now put my prices up a little to try to discourage the weirdos and to be more inline with my buddy chelle - i have been undercharging somewhat without realising and ive stopped offering meals because that has been a pain in the bum. i am now of the opinion that if a family wants my services then they will pay me a decent price for them and if they do not, they wont but either way, i wont be ripped off myself and i wont feel resentful. I have been making meals at a loss to myself and giving big discounts because the parents have grumbled at my fees but it has gotten me noway fast so now i say enough!

if i do not get any work then so be it, i would rather be brassic (as i have been since september anyway) than take another nightmare in to our home.

I am fed up of the incredible excitement and hope that comes with an enquiry only to be followed by absolute hell on a bike within weeks or hours if the last episode is anything to go by!!!

i dont think that this will take off for me and im kind of resigned to it now. I have advertised like a mentalist, i have spent a lot of money on resources, safety equipment, paperwork, uniform, websites and general advertising, phone calls and texts to "prospective" parents that never get back to you with a positive and now i will just sit back, take a deep breath and spend the winter with my children - enjoying each other.

No more "hunting"

now i have actually declared that, i feel a lot better and more in control :thumbsup:

C'est la vie

:thumbsup:

Lick'le Oakes
04-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Well done you, I too got to this point because of nutters and people taking advantage. I started off trying to meet ALL their requirements putting myself and family under preasure cos I thought that is what I shouuld do, now I have got to the point where I'm not that desperate so can wait for the right family who hopefully not want a taxi service, free childcare or specilist behaviour therpy.

Keep up the positive attitude xx

jaja
04-09-2010, 10:27 AM
bless you, u need to take a step back sometimes and regroup yourself, i did this with 6 months off and when i came back i have been more relaxed, wont bend over soo much for parents and wont be walked over yet befofre it was how high, good for you and money isnt worth the agrow sometimes i am sure when you stop searching then it will find you xxx

~Chelle~
04-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Well done you, about time too :clapping:

You were totally underselling yourself before. I think that some of the witches from the covern have been deliberately sending you the nutters as none of them would have them lol:laughing: :laughing:

If I get any decent enquiries, I will send them your way :thumbsup:

tess1981
05-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Plaese remember you are the one offering a service. You are self employed.. you do NOT work for the parents. Decide on the hours you are open - stick to them. I make meals a one pot dinner eg stew chicken casserole etc and dont cost that much. all children eat it. I work to suit myself so im in a routine eg there are 2 play schools and 2 primary schools near me. i only do runs for one of the primary and play schools beside each other as it suits ME. if they dont like not my prob. i need to keep to a routine for my sanity i cant meet all parents individual needs or whims. someone will come along who is just right. have faith.

Pipsqueak
05-09-2010, 04:41 PM
As already said you sometimes need to take a step back and gather yourself.
if you don't value what you are doing yourself then I think sometimes you do attract the more... ahem.... challenging families. Although in saying that I often seem to attract the downright weirdos quite often.

Have the confidence to say NO to the looneytunes and the ones you get that feeling about.

Trouble
05-09-2010, 06:42 PM
I used to have a sign in my car saying "Its ok i attract freaks, now leave me alone !!":D

Tinglesnark
05-09-2010, 07:52 PM
:laughing:

you are all bang on - i think that i have just been accepting people because "they were better than nothing" when in actual fact, it turned out that nothing was better than having them!
im quite happy with the preschool run and i dont intend to bend over backwards for anyone else :D

chelle what primary did the boys go to?

x

Ripeberry
05-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Plaese remember you are the one offering a service. You are self employed.. you do NOT work for the parents. Decide on the hours you are open - stick to them. I make meals a one pot dinner eg stew chicken casserole etc and dont cost that much. all children eat it. I work to suit myself so im in a routine eg there are 2 play schools and 2 primary schools near me. i only do runs for one of the primary and play schools beside each other as it suits ME. if they dont like not my prob. i need to keep to a routine for my sanity i cant meet all parents individual needs or whims. someone will come along who is just right. have faith.

That's what I'm hoping for as well! Might take a few years though until they finish building the new affordable housing down the road and they can attract young famillies in to boost the village.