PDA

View Full Version : Ever get bad vibe on phone?

VINASOL
03-09-2010, 04:36 PM
had an enquiry on phone adn whilst describing where I live, the person said:

"SO YOU LIVE OPPOSITE THOSE COUNCIL FLATS"....err, yes I do actually (and they are ex-council btw).

"(LAUGHING)...I SEE A BLUE SUBARU - IS THAT WHER EYOU ARE?" in a real sarky voice - errr, yes but it isn't mine.

This person will DEFINITELY turn their nose up at my house...me thinks it will be a VERY quick visit.:laughing:

Ripeberry
03-09-2010, 05:01 PM
That's a bit creepy actually :panic: What annoys me is people who ring and don't leave a message. Do any of you ring back?

I just think, if they can't be bothered to say what they want, then I can't be bothering with them.

caz3007
03-09-2010, 05:04 PM
So where were they when they were ringing if they could see a car that was near your house, where they ringing from the ex council flats:laughing:

mwheeler
03-09-2010, 05:05 PM
They sat on Google maps or something, Strange. How did they know about the car?

VINASOL
03-09-2010, 05:12 PM
yes, it was google maps...he put in my postcode and had a GOOD look around lol...:cool:

thinking about it, he may well not even turn up....part of me doesn't even want him too....OH and he moaned about the reception on my phone :panic:

:idea:

Bitsy Beans
03-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Sounds too high maintenance for my liking :laughing:

Mookins
03-09-2010, 05:19 PM
id be all of a sudden full if he showed up

what a freaky strange man....:eek:

xx

rickysmiths
03-09-2010, 05:20 PM
yes, it was google maps...he put in my postcode and had a GOOD look around lol...:cool:

thinking about it, he may well not even turn up....part of me doesn't even want him too....OH and he moaned about the reception on my phone :panic:

:idea:

I don't think I would even have him round. :panic:

bexcee
03-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Sounds a bit creepy to me, hope he is better in person than on the phone :o

snufflepuff
04-09-2010, 08:40 AM
Creepy man!

I have felt the same in the past. A lady called and one of the first things she said was 'do you charge when we don't bring the children? Its just that we own a house in France, my parents live in Australia and my husband's parents own a house over in Florida, so we go away alot you see.' I said yes, i charge, and of course she didn't call back.
I doubt she found a CM who would be happy to hold the space for her for the whole year but only actually be paid for part of it because they are on holiday so much!

VINASOL
04-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Ooohh, he turned up over HALF HOUR earlier than planned when Ihad another couple round.

He was EXACTLY like he was on the phone; totally up himself and judgemental. Didn't like him at all, and whether or not I'm desperate to look after a child, he will not be one of them.

YUK

Am hoping the other couple with their lovely little girl will take us on instead!!

Ripeberry
04-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Fingers crossed for the nicer couple to choose you :) The other man just sounded too much like those creepy guys in films who ring people and say "I can see youuu!"
Shudder :( :panic:

mummyof3
04-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Haha this reminded me of the lady that came to see me (first week I registered so my first parent encounter). She knocked on my neighbours doors to ask them what I was like and what my children were like :eek: Then she told me about it as she walked into my house half an hour early as my children were eating their tea. She then walked over and had a look what they were eating to 'check' I don't feed rubbish :eek: Needless to say I didn't take her on and she made my life a living hell the last few months at school telling everyone at the nursery I was a crap childminder :eek:

Trust your instincts!!!!

VINASOL
04-09-2010, 06:43 PM
well i tihnk that the other parents are coming back to see me on Monday or Tuesday....the little girl is really lovely, she has some 'needs' which requires 1:1 care which I can easily provide and the couple said that my house was "very child friendly" and they said they really liked it. So fingers crossed.

The funniest thing was the man conatcted another childminder and did the same to her...googled her whilst on phone and when teh CM said she lives on this 'estate' the man said "Oh you DON'T LIVE on a COUNCIL ESTATE DO YOU?", and she laughed it off as it's a rather posh 'estate'...THEN when CM said that she's got a larger garden than many of her neighbours, he turned round and said, well I can clearly see that your neighbour's got a bigger garden that you :panic: :panic: :panic:

he's coming to see her tomorrow; she's got a lovely house, so he won't be as critical or snobby. My only thing was that I turned HIM down rather than the other way round lol :blush:

watgem
05-09-2010, 02:10 PM
I definitely think you should trust your instincts. I had a lady come to visit with her 2 LO and her mum, gran criticized everything, and told me that when I took the children to the childminder drop-in at the children's centre it was because I wanted a lazy morning! When they left no contracts had been signed, so I took the cowardly option and texted mum to say I didn't feel I was the right childminder for her, she was going to see others and a nursery after me. For 2 days she didn't stop ringing me, knocking on my door, it was very creepy. 18months later she and little ones appeared at the preschool where I worked. I was so glad I trusted my instincts, she never paid on time, she was late dropping off and collecting and got very abusive if the kids had any accidents, so I think you've probably had a lucky escape!

jo f
05-09-2010, 03:38 PM
I had someone who rang me for childcare no intention of her or her child meeting me before i started minding, was more interested in my ofsted no so she could sort benifits out- no thankyou!!!! Alarm bells sounded streight away! Either was a falsie wantin to claim off my reg or was someone who had no idea of paperwork etc it intails, and no respect/ thought to her child as long as she was looked after it didnt matter who I was! Some people!!!