PDA

View Full Version : providing baby milk

sarah mc
03-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Hi going to be starting with a baby nxt week can any one tell me ASAP do they provide baby milk or does the parent supply it. I say that I provide food & drink & this little one is eating solids, but still on baby milk in the afternoon.

Not sure what to do help please

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
03-09-2010, 09:55 AM
Parents supply all powdered milk with me!

AliceK
03-09-2010, 10:04 AM
I have said I will provide formula milk but I have also heard that parents are meant to make it up themselves and we just store it which goes against guidelines anyway and when my DD was with a childminder she made up all the bottles herself although I provided the milk. It's all a bit confusing but I think it would not be unusual for you to ask the parent to supply the milk.

xxxxx

Mouse
03-09-2010, 10:26 AM
I ask parents to provide baby milk. Most send bottles of water with milk powder in pre-measured pots. I make the bottles up as needed.

If you provide the baby milk yourself, you can claim back the cost of 1/3rd pint a day through the Nursery Milk scheme.

http://www.nurserymilk.co.uk/index.html

judisteve
03-09-2010, 10:48 AM
I ask parents to provide baby milk. Most send bottles of water with milk powder in pre-measured pots. I make the bottles up as needed.

If you provide the baby milk yourself, you can claim back the cost of 1/3rd pint a day through the Nursery Milk scheme.

http://www.nurserymilk.co.uk/index.html

Same here, they send the water in the bottle and actually have left me with a box of powder!

Polly2
03-09-2010, 12:46 PM
I ask that parents povide milk also :thumbsup:

lou lou
03-09-2010, 01:07 PM
i also ask them to provide the milk

jadylasa
03-09-2010, 01:12 PM
It sates in my healthy eating that I ONLY provide full fat (blue top) cows milk, any others must be provide by parents i.e formula, semi or skimmed, soya etc.

zoe2010
03-09-2010, 01:45 PM
My parents also provide baby milk/baby jars although i do make there feeds up as and when needed. :thumbsup:

pinky33
03-09-2010, 04:00 PM
We get the baby milk powder from scotts milk with the rest of our milk, and just make it up ourselves. What's left over at end of week gets sent home.

*donnalouise*
03-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Mine provide me with cartons - I breast fed both my babies (and still am the youngest) I told the parents, I had no experience of making up feeds and they decided to send me cartons in for the day which is fab :clapping:

bexcee
03-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Parents supply bottles and formula, I make them up and sterilsie the bottles. I let them know when the teats/bottles need replacing or the formula is running low.