PDA

View Full Version : Need help wording a letter please

Lyns123
03-09-2010, 06:57 AM
Morning,

Hope you don't mind me asking but i really need help wording a letter, i'm rubbish at these things.

The letter is to my dd's pre-school, i can't afford to send her at the moment as we are having some financial difficulties so need to send the school an email so they get it ASAP. It's really late to be telling them as she's meant to start next week but money doesn't grow on tree's :(

This is what i have so far:

Dear Mrs XXXXX

Unfortunately Amelie XXXXX will no longer be able to attend XXXXX XXXXX pre-school from this September, i'm extremly sorry for the late notice but it's only recent that my husband has been made redundant and we are not able to afford the extra cost of sending her before the government funding starts.

I understand this is inconvieniant for you but i hope you understand my family is our number one priority.

Kind Regards
Lynsey

Is this ok?
Thanks, lyns xxx

jaja
03-09-2010, 07:01 AM
bless you, sounds ok to me, hope your other half gets a job soon xxx
x

jumpinjen
03-09-2010, 07:03 AM
Sounds fine to me..... but have you signed a contract with them?

if you have then you will have to adhere to it and pay for the notice period unless they make an allowance for you.

It would also be worth mentioning when your daughter's funding will begin and ask them to keep a place for her then!

And if you are e-mailing then ask for a confirmation e-mail to make sure that they have got your e-mail!

jen x

Lyns123
03-09-2010, 07:09 AM
I signed back in May to say we would like the space but there was no contract that i can remember, i don't have a copy of anything, i feel terrible as i know they have probably got everything ready for her, hopefully they have someone who can fill it as i know they have a waiting list. It's just crap it happened now, well at all really.

OH has something in the pipeline, i don't think he will be out of work for long but i don't want to risk sending her thinking that as we all know that sometimes things really don't go to plan.

The Juggler
03-09-2010, 01:10 PM
I would call them up to to speak to them sometimes a human voice and you telling them why might make them more lenient on the notice period. But knowing nurseries, they may stick to it.

Hope things work out better on teh job front soon honx

Lyns123
03-09-2010, 02:08 PM
If i have to pay a notice period then i guess i will have to pay, i'm really scared about calling them, i'm awful when talking to people on the phone and tend to make out everythings fine as don't like going on about my problems.

jumpinjen
03-09-2010, 08:51 PM
If i have to pay a notice period then i guess i will have to pay, i'm really scared about calling them, i'm awful when talking to people on the phone and tend to make out everythings fine as don't like going on about my problems.

Bursting into tears usually makes people more sympathetic!!

Hope things work out for the better soon, just make sure you keep her on the witing list or you won't have a place when you want one!

jen x

bexcee
03-09-2010, 09:46 PM
That sounds fine to me, is it a private nursery or a pre school type place? How long have you got before she will be funded? Would tax credits cover the cost?

Hope you other half is soon emplyed again