PDA

View Full Version : A few questions if you don't mind......

Bitsy Beans
02-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Rather than do several posts I am putting all my queries into one post - hope that's OK :o

1. What do you do with contracts, personal details of mindee's who have now left your care? Do I need to keep them or can I just shred?

2. I take pics to evidence what stuff I am doing with the kids. I normally try and take pics of any ad hoc stuff that happens and key activities from my planning. Obviously this can add up to quite a number of pics from 6 areas of learning each month. How many pictures do you take? I was just wondering if I am taking more than I need to (and thereby creating more work for myself).

3. New mindee will be a rising 5 and starts with me in a weeks time. I shall be having her after school for 2 hours 4 days a week and then all day in the holidays. How much planning should I be doing for EYFS during term time? I am conscious she will be only 4 and doing a long day at school and potentially too tired to do anything when she gets back to my house. How much planning do you do for the kids that attend school?

Any replies to any of the questions most welcome :D

venus89
02-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Hello :)

1. You need to keep things like contracts, accident forms etc for 21 years and 4 months (?) just in case they want to turn around when they're grown up and sue you for all sorts of stuff!

2.I think that's one of those 'we all do things differently' things. I don't put loads in, and certainly take a lot more than I ever print, but others might do them far more often.

3.Personally, I wouldn't do anything if the LOs been at school all day. Perhaps have stuff left out from the day but nothing major. They'll be tired and need to chill.

Emma B123
02-09-2010, 05:43 PM
21 years?????? are you for real?? that crazy!!!:eek: i didnt know that

AliceK
03-09-2010, 07:53 AM
21 years?????? are you for real?? that crazy!!!:eek: i didnt know that

:laughing: :laughing: I was telling my OH the other day that we had to do this and he couldn't believe it either. It does seems kind of crazy :rolleyes:

xxxxx

chels55
03-09-2010, 10:01 AM
oh no! i was under the impression that we only had to keep the accident book for the 21 years and 4 months-i have burned my outdated contracts :blush:

jadylasa
03-09-2010, 12:31 PM
I thought contracts were 3 years, (although i can't see what use they are at all once they've been terminated, what about updated ones or change in hours, surly it's only the current one that holds any force so whats the point of keeping?) The accident book is 21 years and 4 months though deffo.

Bitsy Beans
03-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Well fat chance of me being able to find accident book in 21 years time, losing things is an olympic sport with me ;)

VINASOL
03-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Hello :)

1. You need to keep things like contracts, accident forms etc for 21 years and 4 months (?) just in case they want to turn around when they're grown up and sue you for all sorts of stuff!

2.I think that's one of those 'we all do things differently' things. I don't put loads in, and certainly take a lot more than I ever print, but others might do them far more often.

3.Personally, I wouldn't do anything if the LOs been at school all day. Perhaps have stuff left out from the day but nothing major. They'll be tired and need to chill.

When I had my pre-registration visit, the Ofsted Inspector said I was wrong when I said that I had to keep records until mindee was 21yrs 4 months; she said it was only if there was a complaint! :rolleyes: Felt very stupid though as I was sure that's what I was taught on the course!! (can't remember what she said now but am sure it was 3 years)

caz3007
03-09-2010, 06:52 PM
I thought it was 21 years cos someone can bring a claim against you once they reach the age of 18 and think they then had 3 years to bring in a case, so thats we had to keep it all just in case

venus89
03-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Lol - none of us know! But somebody must....

What I do with mine is when the mindee has left I put all their details - contracts, accident forms, any odd bits of paper I have - in a plastic wallet, stick a note on the front of the wallet with the child's leaving date and send my husband up to the loft with it (blindfolding him first, of course, so he can't read any important information). I'll keep them all for 21 years and a half years or more after I finish minding, no point in making extra hard work for myself......