PDA

View Full Version : Sending recorded delivery??

Tribe_mummy
02-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Hi all

As you may or may not know I had my CRBs and IVFs through today, have filled them all in and got verified so just need to post back to OFSTED, they have provided a first class paid envelope but as I am having to send passports etc for myself and OH I would much prefer to send it recorded for obvious reasons. Would Ofsted be ok with this and would it slow anything down? Prob just worrrying about nothing but have taken so long to get here already don't want to mess up!

Thanks all

Monkey26
02-09-2010, 05:17 PM
i send all my important bits to Ofsted recorded and signed for :) dont ever recall a delay as you say... peace of mind! xx

Tribe_mummy
02-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Thank you! :)

Just I know some places can tend to take longer if you do this. Problem solved then....trip to the Post Office in the morning for me, let's get this ball rolling :)

sarah707
02-09-2010, 06:17 PM
I understood Ofsted checked all those details during the pre-reg so you don't have to send them off?? Has that changed?

I went to Manchester once to post some important documents for Ofsted.

They don't have a post box! I had to put them in the box at the end of the road :rolleyes:

I hope it goes quickly for you :D

mr man
02-09-2010, 06:43 PM
i never send any of that info through to ofsted becasue the ID forms are proof that you have had some check you identify and verify who you are by seeing the documents noted in the form.

this way they dont need to be sent off.

CHUNKY MONKEY
02-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Like Sarah I was informed this week that my information will be checked at reg visit. :D

Tribe_mummy
02-09-2010, 07:12 PM
I understood Ofsted checked all those details during the pre-reg so you don't have to send them off?? Has that changed?

I went to Manchester once to post some important documents for Ofsted.

They don't have a post box! I had to put them in the box at the end of the road :rolleyes:

I hope it goes quickly for you :D

It's changed now apparently Sarah, (from September I think). I recieved the CRB and IVF forms today through the post and rang Ofsted, they said that I was to complete it all and return it, then they do the pre reg visit once they have recieved these and the application fee. It also says on the letter to send the relevent documentation with the CRB.

Will ring them and double check with someone else in the morning but that is what I got told and what the letter says.

Tribe_mummy
02-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Like Sarah I was informed this week that my information will be checked at reg visit. :D

I think it has only changed in certain areas at the moment?! Wish they would make their mind up as this is what i though too, hence why I called this morning?!

Tribe_mummy
02-09-2010, 07:29 PM
HMMM CONFUSED NOW, WILL JUST PHONE TOMORROW I THINK AND UPDATE THEN, NO POINT GETTING STRESSED :thumbsup:

sarah707
02-09-2010, 08:00 PM
HMMM CONFUSED NOW, WILL JUST PHONE TOMORROW I THINK AND UPDATE THEN, NO POINT GETTING STRESSED :thumbsup:

Good idea!

Please let us know what they say :D

CHUNKY MONKEY
02-09-2010, 08:13 PM
So annoying...stop changing this and giving conflicting advice!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Tribe_mummy
03-09-2010, 08:22 AM
MORNING ALL :) I have just called Ofsted and they have told me ALL forms need to go back. we have to get someone to verify us and send that form off with our CRB, no need to send ID as the person verifying has seen it. They apparently only check themselves if you can't get anone to verify it but you have to soeak to them first before this HTH