PDA

View Full Version : advise please not sure what to do.

blue bear
02-09-2010, 03:45 PM
I'll try and keep this short.

From next week I am going to be looking after x2 14 month olds and a 10 month old two days a week. one of the 14 month old is taking steps but not really walking. So I need to transport

options are

1) I use double and carry one from car into toddlers etc and hope not to need to go far until one is walking and big enough to go on buggy board on side by side double. (which I dont like pushing as I've hurt my arm from carrying children)

2) I buy a buggy pod and put on side of Phil and Ted double (new baby likes to sleep on tummy so not ideal) this will cost £100 with raincover

3) my CDO has offered me a loan triple (T3 jogger Twin) problem is it's another pram to store and OH will go mad, its too big for boot so wont be able to go to town or anything and childminder who has it now wants rid because it's too heavy.

Child starts next week, don't want to waste money but dont want to risk hurting my arm more and needing chiropractor like last time.

any comments greatfully recieved

Mookins
02-09-2010, 03:49 PM
buy the buggy pod hun...you cant risk your health and the other buggy sounds too much and really not worth the agro from hubby...my other half hit the roof with the fact i have 2 twins and 2 singles and ive not even started:blush:

xxx

caz3007
02-09-2010, 03:51 PM
I think I would go for Option 3 and do the town on days when I didnt have the 3 small ones together, at least you can get out and about to the park etc

caz3007
02-09-2010, 03:52 PM
buy the buggy pod hun...you cant risk your health and the other buggy sounds too much and really not worth the agro from hubby...my other half hit the roof with the fact i have 2 twins and 2 singles and ive not even started:blush:

xxx

Why do you need two of each, one of each for me and no moans from hubby :laughing:

Mookins
02-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Why do you need two of each, one of each for me and no moans from hubby :laughing:

bought one double and its brilliant for the roads etc round my area...but sooo heavy i cant pick it up for in and out the car so i bought a maclaren twin....the single i had for my dd is fab but doesnt lay back and not suited for very little ones so bought a Luna

what can i say im addicted already :laughing: :D
xx

snufflepuff
02-09-2010, 04:04 PM
I was in a similar situation a while back- 2x15 month olds and a 20 month old one day, 2x15 month olds and a 12 month old another day. 20 month old and one of the 15 month olds could walk. Luckily the 20 month old went on a buggy baord ok or would walk with reins on. When i had the 12 month old i'd go for very short walks that the 15 month old could handle, or we would only venture as far as the back garden! A couple of times my Mum would join us and push my son in the single buggy while i had the others in the double. Of course if you have all three mindees full time it's not really practical to do this!

I'm reluctant to buy equipment now as i have been stung in the past- took on new mindee, bought bigger car to allow me to fit in an extra car seat, bought said extra car seat.....mindees Mum lost her job and gave notice! :panic:

RainbowMum
02-09-2010, 04:04 PM
I have a buggy pod and didn't rate it - didn't fit too well with the graco tandem I have - was no use at all for the large 2 year old I wanted to put in it! If you did want one still I'll sell you mine for £15 plus postage but I really wouldn't bother!
Kiddicare have their own triple buggy on sale now £199 - Mine should be dispatched on the 5th September :)

blue bear
02-09-2010, 04:15 PM
I can't be sure not to need to go 'out' as I have three children with disabilities and make lots of trips to the hospital, I can make routine appointments on other days but can't rearrange emergencies. Am tempted to try make do and see what happens, just worried it might all come unstuck on me.

Rainbow mum, did you have the original or the smorph2?

tinynippers
02-09-2010, 04:40 PM
if u already have a double, how about some sort of carrier? they do so many different sorts now that im sure u'd find one to suit urself (with ur arm) plus half the price of a pram (in most cases). just an idea

caz3007
02-09-2010, 04:50 PM
A minder had a buggy pod on her buggy with her DD and it was tilting alarmingly, I wouldnt have used it, one bump up a kerb and I dont like to think what would have happened

RainbowMum
02-09-2010, 04:54 PM
The smorph 2, it nearly collapsed when I turned round in a tight circle :panic: