PDA

View Full Version : Feeling really nervous

venus89
02-09-2010, 12:44 PM
My ex mindee returns to me tomorrow after a year of being away. I'm really excited about having her back but pretty sure it's going to be tough going as she's gone through a lot in the last 18 months. I haven't had a girl to mind since she was last here and I have my most difficult mindee tomorrow. He's only got 5 more sessions left with me and it's sad to say that I'm counting down the days towards him leaving. And so are my kids and husband. Which makes me feel decidedly guilty.

And then there's the fact that my EYPS starts next week and I'm scared of failing it and also worried that the others doing it will look down on me because I'm 'just' a childminder. I can't even fathom how the setting visit will work, when the tutor comes and spends the whole day here.

Oh, and my kids went back to school today. Dd is in a class with older children - there are two boys and two girls from her year in that class. Including her. And rumour has it that the other girl has changed schools so I'm concerned she's going to have a tough time of it.

So I think I may buy a tub of Ben and Jerries tonight to help me :D

The Juggler
02-09-2010, 12:55 PM
ah hon, know how you feel. I've got 4 vacancies (all p-time) and every enquiry I have means applying for a variation (ofsted will love me!). In fact, I've just made a decision to defer my EYPS to January and get this period out of the way first.

Might be coming to you for advice as you'll be nearly finished then! You WILL be fine with it honx

venus89
02-09-2010, 01:53 PM
ah hon, know how you feel. I've got 4 vacancies (all p-time) and every enquiry I have means applying for a variation (ofsted will love me!). In fact, I've just made a decision to defer my EYPS to January and get this period out of the way first.

Might be coming to you for advice as you'll be nearly finished then! You WILL be fine with it honx

Oh no! I was hoping you'd help me!!
I'm really chuffed that the two parents it most affects are happy (and able) to juggle their days around. My Mum can pick the kids up from school. Now I just need to get my teeth into and make something out of it. First session, Tuesday. 2 hours - had to take a whole day off :rolleyes:

The Juggler
02-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Oh no! I was hoping you'd help me!!
I'm really chuffed that the two parents it most affects are happy (and able) to juggle their days around. My Mum can pick the kids up from school. Now I just need to get my teeth into and make something out of it. First session, Tuesday. 2 hours - had to take a whole day off :rolleyes:

still happy to help - always easier to give advice on doing that to do it! lolx moral support is my forte! and my college were so fab they NEVER once doubted me getting my FD or going ahead with EYPS because I was a CM. Whereas I know people who've been told they need a nursery/school placements on top of CM and study just to get through it ! so wrong:panic: So don't be thinking you can't do itx