PDA

View Full Version : Just been asked to look after DS teacher's baby

essexgirl1967
01-09-2010, 08:45 PM
At the moment I only look after term time school aged kids but was starting to get a little stressed as the school are currently building an after school club and I KNOW I will lose some of my mindees as I just cannot compete on price and for some parents this is all important. We simply cannot exist without my wage so was wondering how we'll cope with drop in income.

Kids went back to school today and had an open afternoon so parents could meet new teachers and look around new classes etc. Whilst there one of the teacher's who's had all my 4 children in her reception class at some time or another approached me with her husband who also teaches there. They explained they had been basically following me from class to class during the afternoon trying to catch me on my own lol, and telling me that mum is 5 months pregnant, has to go back to work and that the only person they would even consider leaving baby with is me. Apparently my children are always lovely and they really want their baby in our family whilst they work.

I was actually stunned into silence tbh, this would fit in so perfectly as one reason I was reluctant to look after little ones is the fact that I dont really want to work holidays and they obviously dont need holidays. They said they appreciate that I have my own children who may have appointments etc during school hours and are happy to juggle work etc to help fit into my life. They said they'd been trying to pluck up courage to knock on my door during holiday but didnt want to disturb our family time.

They was so nice, I am still shocked, they must have thought me an absolute idiot as I just stood there. Very few people make you feel that you are doing a good job but this couple see me with with hordes of kids every day and still think that I am doing ok.......x

bexcee
01-09-2010, 08:50 PM
What lovely news :)

Sounds like a lovely couple who will fit in perfectly.

Well done you, give yourself a pat on the back :jump for joy:

~Chelle~
01-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Wow, what a compliment and a really good result for you.

I hope you are going to take the baby on :thumbsup:

Lick'le Oakes
01-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Congratulations, :clapping: :clapping:

haribo
01-09-2010, 09:23 PM
well done :clapping: i looked after the deputy heads child for my first few years of minding in fact they were my first parents .. obviously didnt have eyfs to do then- think id feel like was doing homework if it was now :laughing: :laughing: no seriously its great i love term time only contracts and i got really well known after that and ive always been busy - teachers are great at passing the word round :thumbsup:

The Juggler
01-09-2010, 09:32 PM
go for it. I've done this for a few teachers in my ds an dd's years - they were lovelyx

keeks
01-09-2010, 09:57 PM
That is purely a reflection on who you are and what you do (really well obviously)! Well done, it sounds like a perfect deal! :clapping:

Hope it all goes really well!

xx

louised
02-09-2010, 07:17 AM
That's lovely, just shows you what a good job you've done with you're own children:)

little_gems
02-09-2010, 12:43 PM
well done. Congratulations. Isn't so nice whent hings like this happen makes you proud to be a childmingder.:laughing:

tinynippers
02-09-2010, 12:45 PM
:clapping: :jump for joy: :clapping: :jump for joy: :clapping: :jump for joy:

Ripeberry
02-09-2010, 12:47 PM
What a lovely compliment! :clapping:

jadylasa
02-09-2010, 12:55 PM
It's such aboost isn't it:clapping:
Especialy when it's because of your own children's behaviour, not just mindees, cause then you know....it's all you!

Similar thing happened to me last week, been on hols with family i very rearly see (even though we live quite close) and they all complimented me on my kids, One even said they'd like to come and see my policies etc as after spending the week with me and my children and seeing me with their LO they want to concider me being their childminder when mum goes back to work in Dec. (I haven't got the space, but it was still a boost to be asked under those circumstances):jump for joy:

AliceK
02-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Well done you. Your own children are obviously a credit to you :thumbsup:

xxxxx