PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get.....

jumpinjen
01-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Hi,

this is an odd request but is childminding related....

Does anyone know where i can get mesh zip-up laundry bags from...

I'm thinking pound shop, b and m's, somewhere like that....

Does anyone know??

thanks, Jen:)

miss mopple
01-09-2010, 08:10 PM
no idea but Im nosy and wanna know what you are going to do with them :laughing:

jumpinjen
01-09-2010, 08:13 PM
:laughing: :laughing:

I saw a great idea somewhere where they had put a peg-board puzzle into a mesh laundry bag (one bag per puzzle) and then they could store them in a box/basket and the toddlers could rustle through for the one they wanted without losing all the pieecs by tipping them upside down.....

genius i thought to myself as i have long grappled with the solution to this problem!!!

How sad we are sometimes we childminders with all the problems in the worls that I could be pondering about instead!!!!

jen x:D

miss mopple
01-09-2010, 08:18 PM
what a fab idea :thumbsup: May pinch that myself (once you let us know where you get the bags from :p :laughing: )

jumpinjen
01-09-2010, 08:19 PM
With pleasure..... once I find some of course!!!!!

Jen x

little chickee
01-09-2010, 08:30 PM
I just use the big zip lock freezer bags.

You get those laundry bags in catalogues like kleeneze.

bexcee
01-09-2010, 08:34 PM
What a great idea! Might have to use it if that's ok :idea:

I used to use them when my boys were in cloth nappies so maybe try a cloth nappy retailer or like someone else said one of the catalogues that come through the door. The are often sold for washing bras without damaging them or socks without losing one.

judisteve
01-09-2010, 09:11 PM
I just use the big zip lock freezer bags.

You get those laundry bags in catalogues like kleeneze.

What did Ofsted think about toys being stored in plastic bags??

Ebay sell the mesh bags!!! I searched "laundry bag" on there and found a few!!

Fab idea though - thanks for sharing!

marzi
01-09-2010, 09:23 PM
I am sure I saw them in Poundland the other day. Or it might have been Wilkinson. What a fab idea!

Chimps Childminding
01-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Great idea, our lo's are always losing the pieces searching through the box and tipping them up!!! Will have to pinch that idea if thats ok :blush: I am sure I have bought some in the past from £1 shops, but to be honest not looked for them lately - until now that is :D

PixiePetal
01-09-2010, 10:51 PM
I have sen them in a cheap shop - maybe Wilkinsons?

Or Bettaware/Kleeneze

loocyloo
02-09-2010, 06:14 AM
what an excellent idea! i may have to borrow it too!

i currently used plastic wallets, but some puzzles are too big!

x

Chatterbox Childcare
02-09-2010, 06:56 AM
If this is for washing - I use a pillow case

jumpinjen
02-09-2010, 07:49 AM
I am sure I saw them in Poundland the other day. Or it might have been Wilkinson. What a fab idea!

Wilkos..... now there's an idea!!! Well it's my last free weekday of the Summer before fulltime next week so I'm off the hunt out mesh bags.... how sad.... will have to treat my girls to cake later to make up for it I think!!!!

I'll let you know if I'm successful!!

jen x

miffy
02-09-2010, 07:52 AM
If this is for washing - I use a pillow case

No, to keep puzzles in ( you didn't read the whole thread did you Debbie? :laughing: )

Brilliant idea Jen - let us know where you get them from

Miffy xx

jumpinjen
02-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Hi all..... update on the bags..... ebay is indeed the cheapest place to get them at present.... In my area anyway!! There is one seller selling packs of three for £2.89 with free postage so that is less than 99p per bag, I have ordered a pack and will let you know how it works when I get it!!

of course bought other bits and bobs that I need like craft things, academic diary, alphabet stickers, ziploc pockets for games off the internet, cd holders for matching cards etc etc.... a new basket for the mesh bag and their puzzles!! i haven't actually GOT that many now as i got so feed up with them I trimmed my stock last year.... will need to restock now!!

jen x

miss mopple
02-09-2010, 04:51 PM
:laughing: sounds typical Jen

jumpinjen
02-09-2010, 04:55 PM
So I'm not the only one then??

Boot sale her i come!! I wanted a few new bits of big outdoor equipment to entice them out when the weather is colder!!

best leave hubby at home (he he)

Jen x

bexcee
02-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Who was the seller? Are you allowed to put it on here? If not maybe you could pm?

Thanks