PDA

View Full Version : Child at Nursery / Ratios

Carpet Monkeys
01-09-2010, 06:35 PM
If you have a child for an hour in the morning, take them to nursery and collect again after lunch ... are they still classed as being in your ratio in the hours whilst at nursery????

Mookins
01-09-2010, 06:47 PM
If you have a child for an hour in the morning, take them to nursery and collect again after lunch ... are they still classed as being in your ratio in the hours whilst at nursery????

i would say yes if you are being paid for those hours cos if they shut then the child would come to you...so if you had another child and the nursery shut you would then be over your numbers

i may be completely wrong though

xx

TheBTeam
01-09-2010, 07:12 PM
I personally dont think whether you are being paid or not is what makes them come into your numbers, if they are not physically in your care then i dont think they count in your numbers.

Bearing that in mind though if you are being paid to retain the space then i dont believe you should fill it with another child, but to have another child there during that time for whatever reason would still i believe be in your numbers, because numbers are about who is physically with you, not who could be.

christine e
01-09-2010, 07:33 PM
It's always been my understanding that you have to include them in your numbers whilst at nursery.

Cx